< homeis this your advert? | add a job like this | report abuse
Job Category: Waiting Staff
Job Location: International, Other International Jobs
MUST HAVE HIGH QUALITY RESTAURANT/CRUISE EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
The waiter is responsible for guest satisfaction and service procedures as instructed by the Snr Waiters, Assistant Maitre d’s and outlet managers [incl. Bar Manager]. This includes, but is not limited to, all food and beverage services provided in all the Restaurants, lounges, bars, decks and other outlets where events are catered for.
Waiters play an integral part on the overall guest satisfaction onboard our ships by providing memorable moments during their time in our various culinary venues. This is achieved by the consistent application of our service standards, all our procedures and great attention to details which forms the foundations for Waiters to provide a personalized service to each of our guests through their behavior, their approach and the small extra attentions they provide. So being alert, focused and able to “read” our guests is essential to adapt suitably these procedures. Learning guest’s names, recognizing them and addressing them by name is a requirement as well as remembering their preferences (or at least finding them out through our system) and remembering their habits in order to anticipate their requests before they ask. Also being able to provide the same quality of service during quiet and busy periods by remaining calm, focused and remaining polite and friendly towards guests, colleagues and supervisors alike. Remaining resilient and solution orientated when faced with operational issues and unexpected delays, being able to communicate promptly, clearly and professionally with our guests and colleagues.
The waiter reports directly to the Senior Waiter/Bar Tender/Sommelier whilst following guidance from the respective outlet manager.
- Respectfully expedite all instructions advised by the more senior wait staff/Bar Tenders/Sommelier and managers.
- Strive to accurately and swift fully execute any guest request whilst following company service procedures at all times.
- Be knowledgeable regarding all wine and food offerings as explained in each outlet’s menu briefing. This includes information regarding portions, ingredients, wine vintages, grapes and blends, potential food allergies and other related information guests might enquire about.
- Assist with set-up, service and break down duties linked to each outlet and as advised by managers.
- Offer wine and menu recommendations as outlined by the outlet Chef de Cuisine and Sommelier.
- Ensure that accurate food and drinks orders are taken when directed by Snr Waiter/Bar Tender or Sommelier, using DMS, Micros and checks depending on the outlet.
- Follow all relevant health department regulations pre, post or during services.
- Learn and use guest names as per company set procedures and standards.
- Follow and ensures that the company beverage standards of service are being adhered to.
- Follow and ensures that the company food service standards are adhered to.
- Greet and escort guests to their tables, seats or locations in the assigned outlets. [This includes escorting plates and beverages in all outlets this is relevant to].
- Ensure that company policy in regards to drinking age is followed and that the service of alcoholic beverages to obviously ‘overserved’ guests is reported and stopped in a tactful and appropriate manner.
- Learn the Public Health regulations and procedures and adhere to these standards at all times. [this may include buffet or event set-up’s]
- Is familiar with the IPM program and attends training as directed.
- Attends various training session with the aim to further improve his/her level of performance.
- Strives to minimize breakage and wastage and follows proper procedures when disposing of garbage.
- Follows company guidelines regarding uniforms and personal hygiene.
- To be familiar with and execute the Seabourn HESS-MS appropriate to their position.
- Assist with ensuring that each outlet is ready for service. [15 min prior to advertised timings]
- Follow instructions from the Snr waiter, Bar tender or relevant manager to administer the appropriate service related to the outlet.
- Clear stations from any soiled service items.
- Reports directly to his/her Sr. Waiter/Bar Tender/Sommelier, as directed by the Outlet Manager.
- Assists in taking food and drink orders, when requested, in compliance with company guidelines.
- Assists with additional duties as requested by the ships management.
- Diploma from a recognized apprenticeship program, or equivalent.
- At least one year of full time working experience in a four or five star (or similar grade) hotel/restaurant.
- Restaurant experience combined with good attitude, willingness to learn, good presentation and English language skills.
- Previous experience on another Cruise Line is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- To be knowledgeable of the USPH and other international Public Health rules and regulations by participating in the company's Basic Food Hygiene course every 2 years and achieving a minimum of 80% pass.
- Requires the knowledge of all aspects of good quality restaurant service.
- Working experience with international clientele
- Must be self-disciplined and be able to communicate with the guest and other departments. Must be a self-motivated person with an eye for detail
- Should always have the ambition for promotion
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and see to the completion to the task assigned
- Must be a good time keeper
Physical Demands & Travel
For the safety of yourself and others on board certain physical abilities shall be maintained. Must be able to bend, climb, perform repetitive motion, and repetitively heavy lift.
Must maintain physical fitness to perform tasks associated with job.
- Passport – valid for a minimum of 6 month
- Flag state issued seaman book
- General flag state or flag state approved marine fitness medical United States C1/D visa
- English Marlin test at minimal score of 80%
- Pre-employment medical examination
Working on a cruise ship is very different from any land-based occupation. Working hours are longer and work is more intense due to the constant demand of the guests. You have to be very flexible in your working hours, which on occasion might have to be changed due to unforeseen circumstances. The Maritime Labour Convention of 2006 however strictly regulates these. Apart from the working hours there are strict rules which all members of the ship’s company need to adhere to as stipulated by the Master’s standing orders. You work in close proximity with your fellow crewmembers and therefore respect among all is essential.
Consisting of Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn, and P&O Australia, the fleets of the Holland America Group span the globe. We set the bar with the most technologically-advanced ships at sea with Princess, build on nearly 150 years of proud tradition at Holland America Line, deliver the finest ultra-luxury experience at Seabourn, and provide the comforts of family feel at P&O Australia.
Employer Reference: Waiter
Job Type: Contract
Job Website: https://hollandamericagroup.pinpointhq.com/en/jobs/48792
Number of Views: 232
Date Added: 01 March 2023