Junior Sous Chef
Job Category: Sous Chef
Job Location: Ottery St Mary, Exeter
Description: The Company and the Role:
The Company and brand are possibly the most talked-about group of Hotels to emerge in recent years, with new and exciting expansion plans this year and next, for its casual and quirky brand of superior elegance in fabulous surroundings.
Seeking enthusiastic permanent Junior Sous Chef to join their 5-Star award-winning hotel and rosette standard restaurant team, located in a beautiful setting in beautiful South Devon.
A Junior Sous Chef role at this establishment is like no other. You will be working with a menu influenced by the kitchen garden and the local area, which can change by the hour.
This amazing concept has been recognised with many accolades and industry awards.
It can be challenging at times but extremely rewarding.
As Junior Sous Chef you will be overseeing other Chefs, and be able to work across four kitchen stations, acting as the right hand of the Head Chef when it comes to leading and motivating.
The Junior Sous Chef is valued, developed, nurtured, and celebrated, you are mentoring and guiding a team of resolute, enthusiastic, creative, forward-thinking, open-minded Chefs.
Own transport essential to get to the venue in South Devon, no live-in or public transport links.
Key Features of the Role:
• Oversee other Chefs and work across four kitchen sections in a fresh food award-winning Rosette level kitchen brigade, which is both pioneering and professional.
• Mentor, train, and coach any Chefs working with you to maintain exacting standards.
• Complete food preparation of all seasonal and fresh menu items from your local kitchen gardens and producers.
• Cook and create amazing dishes from scratch using sustainable local produce.
• Be involved with new menu ideas and items using on-site garden produce.
• Work full time permanent hours 5 days a week, both split and straight shifts.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Accomplished fresh food Senior Chef De Partie, Sous or Senior Chef level.
• You must be passionate about cooking great dishes consistently in a busy environment.
• Essential food preparation experience, and comfortable across a number of stations.
• Practical experience should ideally be supported by some form of catering qualification.
• Essential you can work as part of a respectful and communicative team, supporting others.
• Previous Rosette or Michelin experience is not essential but is an advantage.
What is on Offer?
A Junior Sous Chef opportunity that others will envy.
Basic annual salary £28K - £30K, judged on interview, trial, and experience.
Tronc (service charges) available on top of basic salary, estimated about £2,500pa, (in busy months the kitchen team can earn up to £400 in service charge per month).
Working 48 hours per week, 5 days a week, mix of shifts, with some weekends off.
Realistic career development and progression if you want it, training, and coaching.
A company that promotes your health and wellbeing first and foremost.
Opportunities to work in France, across the South Coast and on round the world charters as part of the groups Fine-Dining experience packages and celebrity and famous Chef mentoring.
Holiday entitlement 20 days plus all bank and public holidays, rising 1 day each year for 5 yrs.
Company pension, meals on duty, uniforms, long service awards, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, Perkbox employee discount scheme, discounts on room rates across the group’s hotels and discounted meals and spa days across the group’s hotels.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Junior Sous Chef.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for rpc to hold your details on our database and to contact you in respect of providing you with work finding services. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of both Client and Candidate information.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications, and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 10524/2021/CA8162FC
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 02380 224654
Job Website: https://www.therpcgroup.co.uk
Number of Views: 12
Date Added: 07 October 2021