Chef de Partie
Job Category: Chef de Partie
Job Location: Reading, Reading
Description: The Company and the Role:
New and exciting opportunity for a permanent Chef de Partie to work in a busy fresh food restaurant kitchen brigade, based between Reading and Newbury.
NO EVENINGS or SPLIT SHIFTS!
EVERY OTHER WEEKEND OFF!
The Company is setting a new benchmark by combining local produce and a table service, offering a fresh food seasonal breakfast, lunch, and afternoon team menu.
Ingredients sourced and grown locally and on site where possible.
Own transport is essential, as there are no viable or reliable public transport links.
Key Features of the Role:
• The Chef de Partie is responsible for working and supporting in the production and cooking of all menu items.
• Directed through the daily shift plan and under the guidance of the senior kitchen personnel.
• Maintaining quality and consistency of all food produced in line with specification and recipes, clear labelling, and production procedures.
• As a Chef de Partie you work 40 hours per week, 5 days a week from 08:00 / 08:30 until16:30 or some days 9:00 until 17:30.
• This is a busy restaurant, and it will require you to roll up your sleeve and prepare all your ingredients and cook your menu items from scratch and to order.
• Working under a very talented Head Chef and Sous Chef management team, you need to be organised, able to follow instructions and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• To be a success you need to be an accomplished Chef de Partie or Cook.
• Own transport essential to get to site.
• Proven Cook / Chef experience, fresh food preparation and cooking from scratch
• Familiar with current legislation’s regarding food hygiene, safety, risk assessments etc.
• Essential that you are a professional communicator, who can respect work colleagues.
• Relevant certifications as both a practical and theoretical experience is essential.
What is on Offer?
This Chef de Partie opportunity offers a basic annual salary ranging from £18K to £22K depending upon experience and interview trial assessment.
Tips available on top of the basic, which works out at roughly £100 - £200 per month.
No split shifts, no late nights!
Every other weekend off.
Working 40 hours per week, 5 days per week from 8:00/8:30.
Fresh food cooking, using local seasonal ingredients to create breakfast and lunch menu items.
Generous staff discount, uniform provided, free parking.
On-going Chef career training opportunities to develop new skills and techniques.
20 Days holiday + Birthday off + public bank holidays.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Cook or Chef.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications, and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 10517/2021/CA8155FC
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 02380 224654
Job Website: https://www.therpcgroup.co.uk
Number of Views: 16
Date Added: 06 October 2021