Job Category: Chef de Partie
Job Location: Southampton, Southampton
Description: The Company and the Role:
Amazing fresh food restaurant, with a top-class reputation, seeking permanent part time Chef to cook high quality, traditional and seasonal menu items, based on outskirts of Southampton.
This is a great chance to join a fantastic well-known restaurant kitchen and become part of their professional kitchen team, who have built up a great reputation, and who are held in high regard in their local area.
All food is prepared onsite and cooked to order, using local producers and award-winning suppliers.
The restaurant offers a wide selection of fresh meats, seafood, vegetarian and vegan options, and cheeses to its guests, with a constantly changing menu to compliment the seasons.
This awesome venue offers guests the chance for a real family and neighbourly feel, and or any events such as Gala / Dinner Parties, live performances etc. With various complimenting menus, catering for private events, A La Carte, Buffet, Set Menus (Lunch and dinner), Vegan Menu, Take Away Menu, and traditional Sunday Roasts.
You must have your own reliable transport to get to the restaurant venue as there are no viable public transport links either early morning or late evening, to help you get to or from work.
Key Features of the Role:
• Integral part of this kitchen, where you will be coached, mentored, and managed.
• Collaborating with other Chefs in your team and across multiple kitchen sections.
• Complete food preparation of all seasonal and fresh menu items.
• Cook and create amazing dishes from scratch using sustainable local and award-winning produce.
• Work part time permanent hours, (3 days a week minimum), split and straight shifts.
• Restaurant is open for service 10:00 till 14:00 then 18:00 till 22:00 Monday to Saturday, Sunday the restaurant is only open from 10:00 till 15:30.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Accomplished fresh food Chef / Commis Chef or Cook, from a similar style of Mediterranean restaurant / kitchen.
• You must be passionate about cooking great dishes consistently in a busy environment.
• Essential food preparation experience, and comfortable across a number of stations.
• Practical experience should ideally be supported by some form of catering qualification.
• Essential you can work as part of a respectful and communicative team, supporting others.
• You must have access to reliable transport to get to the venue for your work shifts.
What is on Offer?
• This part time Chef opportunity comes with a weekly pro-rata salary £400 per week, which is assessed at interview trial. (You will be paid weekly).
• The chance to be involved and engaged within a fantastic and exciting fresh food kitchen brigade, gaining valuable experience and career development.
• Working part time hours, 3 days a week minimum, based on a permanent employment contract, as the busy needs require, with staff rota complete well in advance. (Split Shifts).
• Mediterranean and British menu items created, cooked, and developed, including various techniques and methods when it comes to classic and stylish cooking.
• Additional work benefits as standard for a Chef include tips, pension, holidays, staff meals, discounts, and company perks, all of which can be discussed at interview.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced fresh food Chef with your own reliable transport able to travel to Southampton (East side)
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications, and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 10519/2021/CA8157FC
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 02380 224654
Job Website: https://www.therpcgroup.co.uk
Number of Views: 11
Date Added: 06 October 2021