Job Category: Kitchen Manager
Job Location: Dudley, Wolverhampton
Description: The Company and the Role:
The Company has been around since the early 90’s and has become a leading contract caterer in the area of education which accounts for around 90% of their units with the remaining 10% being Business and Industry outlets e.g., staff restaurants etc.
They have achieved consistent growth year after year by keeping the core values upon which the Company was founded.
Their catering teams are skilled in the art of transforming fresh, seasonal ingredients into nutritious home-cooked meals that support healthier lifestyles and enable customers of all ages to perform at their best throughout the day.
They are seeking a Chef Manager to manage a Contract Catering unit in the Dudley area.
The position is permanent.
Key Features of the Role:
• The Chef Manager has overall responsibility for the preparation, cooking, portioning and presentation of meals to standards and costings with minimal food waste.
• Understanding of requirements both operational and financial and to strive to exceed their expectations through a pro-active, responsible and committed approach.
• Ensure that the Company Personal and Food Hygiene Policy and procedures are applied continuously and that there are no breaches of Statutory or Local Authority regulations and carry out monthly stock takes and food rotation procedures.
• 32.5 Hours per week, Term Time only (34.6 weeks a year)
• Monday to Friday (Very occasional weekend work to cover hospitality perhaps 2 or 3 a year)
• Managing a team of 5 consisting of 1 Assistant Chef and 4 GA’s.
• Experienced client facing with strong written and spoken English.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Be an accomplished Catering / Chef Manager with previous contract catering experience.
• Have good knowledge of finances as you will be required to assist in preparation of annual budgets and then achieve and maintain the food costing accordance to the budget.
• Must be able to attain a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure or security clearance, cleared barred list check essential and compliance with safeguarding regulations.
• COSHH/PPE knowledge.
• Have the confidence and skills to plan menus, order food and light equipment in accordance with the company’s purchasing policy.
• Able to demonstrate that you are a team player and great leader, proven motivator and able to engage with staff and customers.
• Ideally practical experience supported by NQV levels 1 – 4 and proven craft and management skills.
What’s on Offer?
• £11 per hour
• Excellent training and opportunities for career progression and employee assistance programme.
• 20 days paid holiday rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service plus 8 bank and public holidays.
• 32.5 hours a week, Monday – Friday, Occasional Function support which amy involve weekend hours.
• Excellent pension scheme.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Catering Manager or Chef Manager within the Contract Catering sector.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications, and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 10513/2021/CA8151MS
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 02380 224654
Job Website: https://www.therpcgroup.co.uk
Number of Views: 14
Date Added: 06 October 2021