Demi - Chef de Partie
Job Category: Chef de Partie
Job Location: Keynsham, Taunton
Description: The Company and the Role:
The Company is an exciting new Foodhall and Kitchen located between Bath and Bristol where people and the environment are put before profits. They are committed to providing the best retail and hospitality experience at all times - both for their customers and the people that work there.
Their customers will eat well and feel great whilst they are with them, whilst doing good through buying ethical food made with love.
The Company are looking for people like you from the community that we will be part of, from all backgrounds and with all levels of ability. Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what they stand for. They want their people to grow and develop their confidence and responsibilities treating customers as friends; all within an atmosphere of fun and rewarding hard work.
They are seeking a Demi Chef de Partie. This role reports to the Head Chef.
Key Features of the Role:
• You will be supporting the food service of this fantastic new Foodhall & Kitchen.
• Working alongside a motivated and committed team in the delivery of amazing food to 150 covers, will be critical to your success in this role.
• You will assist in design of a seasonal based menu from breakfast starting at 8am then lunch, right through to takeaway pizza available 5 - 7pm. Daily specials will be truly “special” utilizing all the wonderful fresh local produce available from the Foodhall.
• Providing customers with an exceptional plate of simple, seasonal, great tasting food, consistently and on time requires a great team.
• You will attend regular training with your colleagues, embracing new ideas and working as a team to achieve consistently high standards.
• By understanding the numbers, you will be able to positively influence your department’s profit and loss, utilizing AI technology to minimize waste, costings programme to maximize GP, alongside achieving the highest standards of food safety will be a pre-requisite of the role.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• You should be an accomplished Demi CDP / Commis Chef
• You will have a passion for great seasonal local food, working in a brand new, purpose built open kitchen, including a gas and woodfired Pizza Theatre.
• You will be outgoing and confident speaking to groups, participating in demonstration days and food events.
• You must be passionate about cooking great dishes consistently in a busy environment.
• Essential food preparation experience, and comfortable across a number of stations.
• Practical experience should ideally be supported by some form of catering qualification.
• You must have access to reliable transport to get to the venue for your work shifts
What’s on Offer?
Basic salary is £10.50 per hour plus tips.
Hours are 40 per week with additional paid hours to cover holiday etc.
Hours of work will be between 8am to 7pm so in the main 7 to 3 or 8 to 4 is typical, with 2 days off in the week and 1 weekend off in 4.
There are no split shifts
31 days holiday including bank holidays plus 1 day for your birthday and 1 day extra per year for 5 years.
A profit related bonus scheme will be introduced in 2022/23.
Other benefits include Pension, Cycle to work scheme, Medical health and 30% staff discount.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Demi CDP, Commis Chef or Cook.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application.
Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 10488/2021/CA8126FC
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 02380 224654
Job Website: https://www.therpcgroup.co.uk
Number of Views: 5
Date Added: 08 September 2021