Job Category: Commis Chef
Job Location: Fairford, Swindon
Description: The Company and the Role:
Successful family owned and renown branded garden centre venue located near to Fairford, Gloucestershire, (own reliable transport is essential).
No Late Nights or Split Shifts!
Seeking a proven Chef to work 5 days a week in the garden centre restaurant kitchen.
Superb and genuine work opportunity offering 37.05 hours per week, start time around 9:00 and or finishing around 15:00 / 16:00 approx. Fortnightly pattern, alternative weekends.
The Company offers you this amazing Chef opportunity to train and develop your career.
Fresh sustainable food and creative seasonal menu items are the core menu range.
Key Features of the Role:
• Supporting the Restaurant Manager in the delivery of quality menu items.
• Prepare hot and cold produce and cook fresh ingredients to create home-made dishes.
• Cooking breakfast, lunch, daily specials, and afternoon tea dishes.
• Ensure this renowned brand name is associated with good value quality food.
• Will serve 200 - 250 covers during a busy service shift.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Able to prepare hot and cold food items for the days service.
• Experience as a fresh food Chef is essential.
• Some form of catering qualification or on the job experience and learning.
• Excellent attention to detail and quality with all menu items cooked.
• Experience cooking and or baking from scratch.
• Experience working in a busy kitchen team.
What is on Offer?
• Accomplished Chef will be paid £10.00 per hour.
• Guaranteed 37.05 hours per week contract, 5 days a week.
• 2 Week rolling rota, including straight shifts, alternate weekends off and consistent day off during each Monday to Friday week.
• No split shifts, or late nights.
• 20% Staff discount after 3 months.
• 50% Discount in restaurant whilst working.
• Free parking.
• Access to employee assistant programme.
• 31 Days annual leave.
• Auto enrolment pension after 3 months.
• Free membership after 3 months to group package.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Chef or Cook with own transport.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications, and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 10468/2021/CA8106FC
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 02380 224654
Job Website: https://www.therpcgroup.co.uk
Number of Views: 28
Date Added: 13 October 2021