Assistant Head Housekeeper
Job Category: Housekeeping Supervisor
Job Location: Padstow, Truro
Description: The Company and the Role:
The Company and brand are possibly the most talked-about group of Hotels to emerge in recent years, with new and exciting expansion plans this year and next, for its casual and quirky brand of superior elegance in fabulous surroundings.
Seeking enthusiastic permanent Assistant Head Housekeeper to join their 5-Star award-winning hotel and Rosette standard restaurant team, located in the beautiful setting of North Cornwall.
An Assistant Head Housekeeper role at this establishment is like no other. You will be working with an award-winning customer focused hotel and restaurant group.
This amazing concept has been recognised with many accolades and industry awards.
It can be challenging at times but extremely rewarding.
As Assistant Head Housekeeper, you will be supporting all of this amazing 5-Star hotels housekeeping, guest, and staff engagements across the hotel, ensuring that high standards are kept, and guest expectations are exceeded.
The Assistant Head Housekeeper is valued, developed, nurtured, and celebrated, you are mentoring and guiding a team of resolute, enthusiastic, creative, forward-thinking, open-minded customer service and hospitality professionals.
Own transport essential to get to the venue in North Cornwall, no live-in or public transport links.
Key Features of the Role:
• Primarily you will support the Head Housekeeper in all aspects of this awesome 5-Star hotel venue, ensuring the smooth running of this 5-Star hotel’s daily housekeeping operations.
• Developing, manage, mentor, train, and coach everyone in your team to maintain exacting standards.
• Responding to guests needs and co-ordinate between all guest rooms and public areas.
• Managing both in-hotel rooms and external hotel lodges on the estate, including stock controls, budgeting, ordering of materials.
• Ensuring all rooms and public areas are clean and presentable, carrying out physical duties required yourself, as part of your team involvement and engagement, leading by example.
• Work full time permanent hours 5 days a week.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Experience of working in a similar role (such as Head Housekeeper, Housekeeping Supervisor, Assistant Head Housekeeper, Senior Housekeeper), coming from a high end 4-Star, 5-Star or luxury hotel or resort is the most desirable match.
• You must have exposure to hotel housekeeping, duties, and responsibilities.
• You must be managing or supervising a team of hospitality professional.
• Practical experience should ideally be supported by some form of hospitality qualification.
• Essential you can work as part of a respectful and communicative team, supporting others.
• Previous Rosette or Michelin experience is not essential but is an advantage.
What is on Offer?
An Assistant Head Housekeeper opportunity that others will envy.
Basic annual salary £26K - £30K, judged on interview, trial, and experience.
Tronc (service charges) available on top of basic salary, estimated about £2,500pa.
Working 50 hours per week, 5 days a week, mix of shifts, with some weekends off.
Realistic career development and progression if you want it, training, and coaching.
A company that promotes your health and wellbeing first and foremost.
Opportunities to work in France, across the South Coast and on round the world charters as part of the groups Fine-Dining experience packages.
Holiday entitlement 20 days plus all bank and public holidays, rising 1 day each year for 5 yrs.
Company pension, meals on duty, uniforms, long service awards, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, Perkbox employee discount scheme, discounts on room rates across the group’s hotels and discounted meals and spa days across the group’s hotels.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Housekeeping professional at a supervisor, manager, or senior level position.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for rpc to hold your details on our database and to contact you in respect of providing you with work finding services.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of both Client and Candidate information.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications, and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 10385/2021/CA8023FC
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 02380 224654
Job Website: https://www.therpcgroup.co.uk
Number of Views: 8
Date Added: 07 June 2021