Senior Wine Waiter
Job Category: Waiting Staff
Job Location: Southampton, Southampton
Description: The Company and the Role:
This is a new restaurant being opened in the heart of one of Southampton dining areas.
The principal behind the business is an accomplished Chef and restaurant owner who has other business interests in the catering and hospitality sector across the south coast.
This is an excellent opportunity within a small independent hospitality business who are seeking a permanent full time Senior Wine Waiter.
You will be responsible for assisting, recommending, and advising guests on wine, cocktails, and drinks pairings as part of your Front of House duties.
As a high-end dining professional, you will need to engage with guests and offer amazing customer service and hospitality. You must have right to work in the UK.
Key Features of the Role:
• Providing excellent guest service skills, with the natural ability to sell.
• Focused on delivering excellent guest experience with a strong presence on the floor and have a keen eye for details.
• Working in a vibrant restaurant, delivering excellence at all times.
• Passion for wine and good understanding of wine pairing.
• Working closely with restaurant team to ensure smooth running of the business.
• Advising guests and making recommendations on wines that will compliment tastes and meal.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Must have worked as a Wine Waiter and or Sommelier in a hospitality role.
• Ideally Level 2 or 3 in Wines and Spirits from WSET or similar qualification with the Court Master Sommeliers.
• Knowledgeable when it comes to pairing and upselling.
• Excellent team and communication skills, with confident personality.
• Guest engagement and interaction skills must be top notch.
• A positive attitude and emotionally robust.
What is on Offer?
Fabulous opportunity to be the Senior Wine Waiter in a brand new restaurant
Basic annual salary is negotiable and subject to interview, trial, and experience.
Tips also payable plus benefits.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Sommelier or Wine Waiter.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for rpc to hold your details on our database and to contact you in respect of providing you with work finding services.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of both Client and Candidate information.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications, and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 10390/2021/CA8028FC
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 02380224654
Job Website: https://www.therpcgroup.co.uk
Number of Views: 13
Date Added: 07 June 2021