Job Category: Commis Chef
Job Location: Southampton, Southampton
Description: The Company and the Role:
This is a new restaurant being opened in the heart of one of Southampton dining areas.
The principal behind the business is an accomplished Chef and restaurant owner who has other business interests in the catering and hospitality sector across the south coast.
Offering you the chance to learn from the Principal who is an accomplished Chef and the new Head Chef , so that you can develop new skills, techniques, and knowledge, working with fresh ingredients and produce.
Passion, dedication, reliability, and high quality are the keys to success.
Key Features of the Role:
• You will work in a team of 4 kitchen staff.
• Working 5 days a week.
• The Commis Chef is the start of your catering journey and you will be expected to work with fresh ingredients, you will need resilience to handle and deliver the high standards of service
• The brigade structure requires you to take food orders, cook them to the trained standard required at the direction of the Head Chef or Sous Chef.
• You will also be expected to help, support, and assist other Chefs to make sure the kitchen runs efficiently and effectively, as any team should.
• Preparing, cooking, and serving up a range of fresh food menu items.
• Making sure the kitchen area is always clean and tidy.
• Reliable, conscientious, team player who can communicate to the team.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• You must be an accomplished Commis Chef with a good employment record or alternatively an ambitious Kitchen Porter looking for the next step up in your career.
• You should have basic catering and kitchen experience supported by industry qualifications and or training or be studying for your industry qualifications.
• Experience of working in a busy kitchen / restaurant environment where orders can come thick and fast, having the calmness to work through multiple orders as directed.
• You will also need to be someone who can identify if they are overwhelmed and need support, as well as offering this to others when needed, as success is a team effort.
• Essential you have worked in a fresh food and branded kitchen at a similar level.
• Ideally worked in a seasonal kitchen with peak and downtime seasonal challenges.
• Passionate for producing the perfect dish every time, whilst under pressure.
• Able to communicate effectively and be respectful of others.
What is on Offer?
Fabulous opportunity to work alongside the Principal and new Head Chef opening a brand new restaurant
Basic annual salary £9.50 per hour , judged on interview, trial, and experience.
Tips also payable plus benefits.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Commis Chef or Kitchen Porter.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for rpc to hold your details on our database and to contact you in respect of providing you with work finding services.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of both Client and Candidate information.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications, and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 10389/2021/CA8027FC
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 02380224654
Job Website: https://www.therpcgroup.co.uk
Number of Views: 9
Date Added: 07 June 2021