Job Category: Sous Chef
Job Location: Southampton, Southampton
Description: The Company and the Role:
This is a new restaurant being opened in the heart of one of Southampton dining areas.
The principal behind the business is an accomplished Chef and restaurant owner who has other business interests in the catering and hospitality sector across the south coast.
Key Features of the Role:
• Supporting the Head Chef and in their absence the effective management of the Kitchen Brigade which will initially be around a team of 4 ensuring that all members of staff carry out their duties to the best interest of the company at all times.
• Using fresh, locally sourced ingredients to produce amazing food and dining experiences.
• Assisting the Head Chef in managing and setting the standard for the brigade in a kitchen with seasonal ups and downs.
• Mentor and inspire others with your hands-on cooking knowledge and techniques.
• Ensure that the assets such as cooking equipment, machines, storage facilities, interior and exterior fabrics etc, are well looked after, maintained and cared for by the kitchen staff.
• Always endeavour to ensure that all guests are completely satisfied with the service and the product.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Must be an accomplished Sous Chef with the relevant experience.
• Essential you have worked in a fresh food and branded kitchen at a similar level.
• Ideally worked in a seasonal kitchen with peak and downtime seasonal challenges.
• Managing and motivating your team, kitchen, time and food orders in a respectful manner.
• Passionate for producing the perfect dish every time, whilst under pressure.
• Your practical experience should ideally be supported by some form of catering qualification.
What is on Offer?
Fabulous opportunity to work alongside the Principal and new Head Chef opening a brand new restaurant
Basic annual salary £26K - £30K, judged on interview, trial, and experience.
Tips also payable plus benefits.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Sous Chef.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
By applying for this vacancy, you are giving your consent for rpc to hold your details on our database and to contact you in respect of providing you with work finding services.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of both Client and Candidate information.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications, and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 10387/2021/CA8025FC
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 02380 224654
Job Website: https://www.therpcgroup.co.uk
Number of Views: 8
Date Added: 07 June 2021