Job Category: Sommelier
Job Location: Southampton, Southampton
Description: The Company and the Role:
The Company is a successful independently owned hospitality group with businesses in London and along the South Coast including an establishment in Southampton.
This is an excellent opportunity within a small independent hospitality group who are seeking a permanent full time Sommelier. The role will be based in their Southampton venue.
You will be responsible for assisting, recommending, and advising guests on wine, cocktails, and drinks pairings as part of your Front of House duties.
As a high-end fine dining professional, you will need to engage with guests and offer amazing customer service and hospitality. You must have right to work in the UK.
Key Features of the Role:
• Providing excellent guest service skills, with the natural ability to sell.
• Focused on delivering excellent guest experience with a strong presence on the floor and have a keen eye for details.
• Working in a fine-dining restaurant, delivering excellence at all times.
• Passion for wine and good understanding of wine pairing.
• Working closely with restaurant team to ensure smooth running of the business.
• Advising guests and making recommendations on wines that will compliment tastes and meal.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Must have worked as a Wine Waiter and or Sommelier in a hospitality role.
• Ideally Level 3 in Wines and Spirits from WSET or similar qualification with the Court Master Sommeliers.
• Ideally have high-end and or fine-dining restaurant experience.
• Knowledgeable when it comes to pairing and upselling.
• Excellent team and communication skills, with confident personality.
• Guest engagement and interaction skills must be top notch.
• A positive attitude and emotionally robust.
What is on Offer?
This is an excellent opportunity within an expanding independently owned business.
Basic salary will depend upon your experience knowledge and skill set, (around the £25,000 basic mark). In addition, there is tronc payable.
48 hour working week over 5 days, shift will depend upon business needs. Rotas are published on a weekly basis. Free meals on duty, lunch is at 11.30am and dinner at 4pm.
Holidays are 28 days including bank and public holidays. There is a staff discount scheme giving 25% of food in their establishments.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are a Senior Wine Waiter or Sommelier.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications, and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 10378/2021/CA8016FC
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 02380224654
Job Website: https://www.therpcgroup.co.uk
Number of Views: 12
Date Added: 04 June 2021