Job Category: Sous Chef
Job Location: Chichester, Brighton
Description: The Company and the Role:
This privately-owned Gastro Pub situated just outside Chichester is seeking a Sous Chef on a full-time permanent basis. They are a very busy establishment especially during the Summer Months due to their location.
This Gastro Pub’s kitchen is managed by a very talented Head Chef who has been there for many years. Everything is produced within house including bread, desserts, ice-creams, stock and only uses the freshest ingredients sourced locally.
This role would be ideal for an existing Sous Chef, but the Company will also consider an existing Junior Sous Chef that is ready to progress to the next level in their career.
Key Features of the Role:
• As the Sous Chef, you will be second in hierarchy after Head Chef, which means this position has full control over the kitchen and is directly responsible of the food quality produced, under the supervision of the Head Chef.
• The role of Sous Chef is challenging, as you'll be expected to make sure the brigade is producing top-quality cuisine and that Chefs with talent are trained and developed. In addition. You will have to take charge of the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence.
• The Sous Chef tasks and responsibilities are diversified and vary from cooking or plating main course dishes to establishing the menu and dealing with the ingredient providers. Therefore, the position requires both culinary and managerial skills.
• Full driving licence and own reliable transport is required due to the location.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Be an existing Sous Chef but the Head Chef may consider a Junior Sous Chef looking to make the next step in their career.
• Experience in a high quality / high volume kitchen,
• Pays great attention to detail around food specification, cooking methods and the invoicing of goods we receive.
• Gets excited about using fresh, seasonal and local produce
• Have a passion and flair for cooking and can contribute to menu ideas
• Understands the importance of food margin control and has the skills to achieve it.
• Able to motivate and train junior members of the team
• Able to support the Head Chef and look after the kitchen properly in their absence
• Able to communicate daily to the relevant departments
• Have a good working knowledge of HACCP and COSHH
What’s on Offer?
• A competitive basic salary of around £28,000 per annum.
• Tips and tronc will be issued, roughly an extra £100 -120 per week on top of your basic salary.
• £2000 performance related bonus issued quarterly.
• You will be working under very talented Head Chef.
• Contacted hours are 48 per week across 5 out of 7 days. Will include 3 splits and straights with 2 days a week starting 2pm.
• Staff Discount
• Parking on site as own transport is required due to the location.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Sous Chef or Junior Sous Chef.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: VAC9360 – 2021 – CA7893FC
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 02380 224654
Job Website: https://www.therpcgroup.co.uk
Number of Views: 27
Date Added: 10 June 2021