Job Category: Head Chef
Job Location: Guildford
Description: The Company and the Role:
The hotel has 39 delightful bedrooms and a modern spa housed in one of England's oldest coaching inns. Dating back to 1430, history, character and charm await guests around every corner.
This charming English historic inn retains its heritage yet provides every contemporary comfort.
Currently seeking a permanent Head Chef for the restaurant in West Sussex.
The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, mid-morning coffee or a full afternoon tea. With its inglenook fireplace and welcoming atmosphere, the restaurant is a stunning setting or guests may like to sit by the fire in the oak-beamed bar or bask in the warmth of their conservatory. When the sun shines guests often head outside to the terrace or inner courtyard.
The hotel also stages conferences and functions.
Reporting into the General Manager, you will lead and manage the Kitchen team to the highest standards and work to achieve the quality levels required by the Company within the budgets set.
You will work closely with the Group Executive Chef and General Manager to produce attractive and appropriate menus and dishes, ensuring they are regularly renewed, changed according to seasonality, customer focused, profitable and in line with the overall vision of the Hotel.
Key Features of the Role:
• The focus of the role will be on ensuring that the kitchen operation runs smoothly and effectively at all times.
• Complete weekly rotas and check departmental time sheets for accuracy.
• To attend and pro-actively contribute to all HoD and morning meetings and weekly function meetings.
• Ensure all suppliers meet our standards for quality of goods, pricing, reliability, deliveries and overall professional approach to business and liaise with the Group Executive Chef accordingly.
• Ensure that the assets such as cooking equipment, machines, storage facilities, interior and exterior fabrics etc, are well looked after, maintained and cared for by the kitchen staff.
• Effectively manage your team and ensure that all members of staff carry out their duties to the best interest of the company at all times.
• Always endeavour to ensure that all guests are completely satisfied with the service and the product.
• Maintain and complete accurate, four weekly, or as necessary, accurate food stocktakes
• Ensure extra diligence when controlling the cost centres of the kitchen. Ensuring these are kept within the parameters of the budget without adversely affecting the quality of food.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• You should be an accomplished Head Chef, someone who is a driven, committed and dedicated individual to head up a busy kitchen
• You must be someone who can inspire and lead others in a very happy and supportive environment in which to work, learn and progress
• Experienced in putting together a properly costed menu suiting clientele and venue brief.
• Understanding of price points, GP, avoiding excessive wastage and generating positive guest reviews and repeat business, or brand promoters.
• Excellent working knowledge of HACCP and COSHH, Level 3 certification in food hygiene.
What’s on Offer?
• Salary of £30 – 40k depending upon experience
• Monthly bonus scheme
• 40 hour working week
• Share of tips
• 3 meals a day
• Uniform provided
• Free parking
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Head Chef.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 9311/2021/CA7845
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 02380 224654
Job Website: www.therpcgroup.co.uk
Number of Views: 19
Date Added: 01 April 2021