Job Category: Restaurant Manager
Job Location: Edgbaston, Birmingham
Description: Key Responsibilities
To assist the Head of Catering and Hospitality in all aspects of the daily running of the catering operation with particular emphasis on the running of the café, delivery of the whole catering offering and operation and deputising for the Head of Catering and Hospitality in their absence. To work alongside the Catering Concessions Manager to achieve the smooth running of the department.
• Report directly to Head of Catering & Hospitality.
• Co-ordinate daily front of house and back of house operations.
• Deliver excellent service and maximise customer satisfaction.
• Be fully responsible for the café internally.
• Lead shifts in the café, leading by example and always putting the customer experience first.
• Direct and manage catering staff on a daily basis and be their first point of contact with any issues, including customer complaints.
• Work Directly with Chef Manager (and their team) and Maitre d’ to ensure the café is ready for table bookings and any event bookings.
• Review product quality regularly and report any issues to Catering & Events Manager and Head of Catering & Hospitality.
• Cashing up and banking.
• Control operational costs and identify ways to reduce waste working to department GP’s.
• Assist in the general running of MAC as a whole including helping the operations and customer service teams when needed.
• Working to no less than a 5star EHO rating.
• Be involved in recruitment, training, and appraising catering staff, always keeping in mind MAC ethos and core values.
• Staff rota responsibility (shared with Catering & Events Manager).
• Maintaining accurate HACCP, COSHH and all other documentation needed to keep MAC compliant.
• Maintaining and updating EPOS system, including app ordering system.
• Maintaining accurate financial records.
• Maintaining sufficient stock levels, including ordering and stock taking.
• Review products regularly and liaise with new and existing suppliers to keep costs down and the operation profitable.
• Seasonal offers and promotions and always keep MAC relevant and on brand.
• Assisting in the general running of mac and work closely with managers from other departments.
• Deputise in the absence of Head of Catering & Hospitality.
Equal Opportunities & Diversity
• All staff are expected to further, promote, and ensure the implementation of, the equal opportunities and diversity policies of MAC.
This job description outlines the principal responsibilities and duties of the post holder. It is not meant to be, nor is it, an exhaustive list of specific responsibilities and duties. The post holder will be expected to undertake any other duties which could reasonably be expected as being within the remit of the post and which arise out of changes in legislation, regulations, orders, rules and working practices, methods and procedures and reviews, as directed from time to time.
Hours of work will include weekend and evening work.
Employer Reference: RMvh
Job Type: Permanent
Job Website: https://macbirmingham.co.uk/about/work-with-us/jobs/restaurant-manager
Number of Views: 8
Date Added: 12 February 2021