HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER-6 MTH PLACEMENT-GLOS
Job Category: Housekeeping Manager
Job Location: Gloucestershire, Gloucester
Description: HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER NEEDED - 5 * COTSWOLD MANOR & FARM - GLOS - 6 MONTH PLACEMENT
Our client is looking for a strong, experienced and flexible Housekeeping manager for their manor house and farm in Cotswold area. This is a MINIMUM 6 month placement with the possibility of it being extended. The right candidate will be responsible for the entire estate. You will ensure the efficient and safe day to day running of the Housekeeping Department. Working with the team to ensure a high degree of cleanliness, tidiness throughout all Company premises.
You will be working 40-45 hours per week including weekends and you must be flexible with the hours. You will also have a professional, flexible attitude with experience in a similar role. Having a calm and positive approach to this role is a must as is working well with the existing team.
Duties to include:
* To ensure highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained throughout the Company premises. This is a 5* property so needs standards to match
* To set down, train and enforce effective, safe, and efficient common housekeeping standards and practices.
* To ensure that all equipment, furniture and furnishings and stocks are maintained, checked and kept in good working order in accordance with correct procedures and report all relevant faults.
* Liaise with maintenance teams, interior designers and the Management on maintenance issues and refurbishment programmes ensuring awareness of needs.
* To manage both in-house and out-sourced laundry procedures, maintain safe practice, quality standards, and cost control.
* To effectively manage housekeeping teams to ensure an efficient, motivated and cost effective work force, writing rotas and managing holiday and absence. To manage the staff budget to ensure most effective delivery.
* To conduct probation/performance reviews and maintain happy team.
* To recruit and induct new staff into the housekeeping team.
* To apply and enforce hospitality standards in housekeeping teams.
* To centralise purchasing procedures and manage stock control, distribution, COSHH procedures, and usage of housekeeping items and cleaning products.
* To ensure that any complaints or feedback from guests are dealt with and corrected in a timely and effective manner.
* Produce reports as required by Management
* Attend and report to Management meetings as required.
* To oversee and apply health and safety and fire evacuation procedures within housekeeping department, ensuring all staff are fully trained in risk avoidance and bringing undue risks to the timely attention of the Management
* Liaise with relevant departments in a timely fashion, to ensure that the guests expectations are consistently met and where possible exceeded. To ensure team understands guest needs come first, and that we try to accommodate all their wishes whilst they are our guests.
My client would like to move quickly with this opportunity so please only send in your CV if you are available immediately and for at least the next six months.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: LM HKM030920NH
Job Type: Contract
Contact Phone Number: .
Number of Views: 16
Date Added: 03 September 2020