Job Category: Sous Chef
Job Location: Southampton, Southampton
Description: The Company and the Role:
This is an outstanding opportunity within one of Southampton’s successful independent owned bars and restaurants. Permanent Sous Chef role managing a team of 4.
Reporting into the Kitchen Manager and managing a team of 4 working in a friendly and relaxed environment serving up the best of fresh tastes from both land and sea. Inspired by worldwide locations and the routes that connect them, this restaurant’s menus are packed with a fusion of unforgettable flavours.
Key Features of the Role:
• Managing a team of 4, working 5 days out of 7
• Creating new sustainable fresh food dishes which are both challenging but also very rewarding, allowing you to use your creative flair.
• As a Sous Chef you will be running the kitchen in the absence of the Kitchen Manager
• Managing all aspects of the kitchen, from overseeing sections to costings, carrying out stock take, maintaining standards, daily health and safety checks.
• Managing and training all Chef’s in your team, prepare and cook dishes, bring fresh ideas and also maintain high standards in your role, be keen to help develop dishes and the menus.
• Passion and creativity are the key to the Company’s success, they want you to be enthusiastic about their food and everything they do.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• An accomplished Sous Chef ideally with experience of working in a fresh food kitchen
• Your practical experience should ideally be supported by some form of catering qualification.
• Above all you must be a real “foodie” able to spread the word to the Company’s customers about the importance of the art of serving good, fresh and local food in an ever-increasing world where convenience is becoming the norm, they need someone who has a love and passion for all things food.
• Be enthusiastic and a great team player with good organisational skills, the ability to thrive in a very busy restaurant
• A passion for producing the perfect dish every time having worked in a busy kitchen, thriving under pressure.
• You must have experience and desire to work with fresh, quality food.
• An excellent team player and leader who can respectfully communicate to the team, with a track record of working with and developing strong teams.
• An understanding and a track record of controlling costs and stocks.
• Good knowledge of hygiene and health and safety, desire to aim for high standards.
• Possess a lot of stamina and energy to keep up to speed during occasional hectic spells of business, proven to be reliable, hardworking, trustworthy and passionate in your work.
What’s on Offer?
Sous Chef permanent position working 5 days per week. 2 Early finishes per week and weekends off on a rota basis
Basic annual salary up to £26k based on experience, possibly more for an outstanding candidate.
Tronc and cash tips and a monthly paid GP bonus scheme available on top of basic salary.
20 days’ holidays plus bank and public holidays or if required to work a day off in lieu.
Staff Discount of 30%.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Sous Chef.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 9234/2020/CA7778
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 02380 224654
Job Website: www.therpcgroup.co.uk/
Number of Views: 12
Date Added: 28 July 2020