Job Category: Assistant Restaurant Manager
Job Location: Southampton, Southampton
Description: The Company and the Role:
The Company operates a number of popular eating and drinking venues based in and around Southampton and looking for a passionate experienced Assistant Manager to join their exciting permanent hospitality management teams.
Although the Company has recently opened some of its venues it is investing in the future and looking for an accomplished Assistant Manager who will be flexible and be prepared to work at any of their venues in Southampton.
You will report into the respective General Manager and support them in managing their team to create the guest experience they expect both in the bar and restaurant areas is not just achieved but excelled, going above and beyond expectations and high standards set.
You will ensure that all staff are well trained and drilled in high end guest expectations and service, so that the venues can offer consistently high standards and higher profitability.
Working alongside the management team at any of the venue’s private events and functions, both in the restaurants, bars and function rooms.
You will be supervising the teams providing an all-round excellent service to bar drinkers, and restaurant diners alike.
Key Features of the Role:
• Managing all aspects of the bar and restaurant operation at the venue
• Standing in and acting as the Manager in charge when the GM is off, leading and mentoring the team which typically can be between 10 – 30 staff.
• Ensuring customer standards and brand values are trained, maintained and exceeded.
• Health and Safety, recruitment, maintenance, coaching, career development, wet and dry stock responsibilities.
• Working minimum 5 days a week, using your strengths to run a smooth operation.
• Vital connection between FOH and BOH, for private events, parties and groups during busy and non-busy periods.
• Assist the General Manager in compiling reports, budgets, P&L etc
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• To be successful in this role you will need to be an accomplished Bar Manager and Restaurant Manager with prior experience in busy venues e.g. vibrant restaurants, sports or music Bars, gastro pubs etc.
• Able to withstand the pressure of maintaining standards during busy times e.g. Happy Hours, Functions etc
• Experience in advertised and promoting venue events, functions, brand awareness.
• Rota, GP and margin reports experience are a must.
• Must have experience in FOH and BOH team management, ranging from 10-30 staff.
• Practical experience ideally supported by some form of catering and hospitality qualification.
• Ideally, you will need to be a personal license holder.
What’s on Offer?
Assistant Manager permanent position working 5 days per week.
Basic annual salary up to £27k based on experience, possibly more for an outstanding candidate
Tips, bonus scheme available on top of basic salary.
20 days’ holidays plus bank and public holidays or if required to work a day off in lieu.
Staff Discount Card, free uniforms, meals on duty.
Venue marketing and advertising as well as social media opportunities.
Team building, staff coaching and development.
Creative thinking and revenue generation solutions related to sports and music.
A superb opportunity working at some of Southampton’s premier eating and drinking venues
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Bar or Restaurant Manager.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 9233/2020/CA7777
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 02380 224654
Job Website: www.therpcgroup.co.uk
Number of Views: 18
Date Added: 24 July 2020