Job Category: Commis Chef
Job Location: North Yorkshire, York
Description: Our Clients Award Winning North Yorkshire Hotel with Rosette Restaurant is looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking Commis Chef to join their team.
This beautiful 40 bedroom hotel in a North Yorkshire combines comfort with contemporary interior, andan exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commis Chef with focusand apassion for food.
As Commis Chef you will be reporting directly to the Head Chef and/or Senior Chefs, and you will assist in the running of a busy kitchen.
Responsibilities/Roles of this Commis Chef opportunity are:
* Food preparation work and basic cooking under the supervision of a chef de partie
* To learn as much as possible to help give you the best chance/start of having a great career
* To help your team work skills as you will have to communicate with everyone.
Key responsibilities of this Commis Chef position are:
* Maintaining high standards of hygiene
* Preparing the ingredients for a more senior chef
* Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
* Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
* Helping to maintain up to date HACCP
* Work quickly and efficiently to a high standard
To successfully fill this Commis Chef vacancy, you should have the following:
* To communicate confidently with both groups and individuals at all levels
* You will be organised, self-motivated and have the proven ability to multi-task
* You must also be able to demonstrate attention to detail
To apply for this Commis Chef opportunity, then please send us your most recent up to date CV to murrayfirstcontactuk.com
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
I would like to thank you for your interest shown in this position. Please note that we take your application very seriously, but must stress that applications will only be answered in person if they match the criteria of the position advertised. If we haven't contacted you within 72 hours, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion for this position.
First Contact Chefs are passionate about fostering careers in the hospitality industry. We believe in professional career development, rather than simply placing candidates in jobs. We nurture talent to ensure an enhancement of our clients and the industrys reputation as a whole and we are a great supporter of "A Passion to Inspire" developing the relationship between the applicant and employer.
We promise to never pass your details on to third parties without your direct authorisation.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 12695JM
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0114 245 8696
Number of Views: 13
Date Added: 13 March 2020