Job Category: Head Chef
Job Location: Fairford, Gloucester
Description: The Company and the Role:
Successful family owned company with venue located between Cirencester and Oxford, so own reliable transport is essential.
Seeking a proven Cook to work in a permanent retail restaurant kitchen.
Superb and genuine work opportunity offering alternate weekend off and no split shifts.
The Company offers you the amazing opportunity to train and develop your career.
Fresh sustainable food and creative seasonal menu items are the core menu range
Key Features of the Role:
• The Cook will provide great food to customers, responsible for their own preparation area.
• Accountable for highest standards of customer care both individually and team wise.
• Will assist the Lead Cook in creating and maintaining a safe working environment, compliance, ordering stock, monitoring wastage and margin control.
• Preparation of hot and cold food to recipe specifications, using sustainable, fresh seasonal produce.
• Serving 200 - 250 covers during lunchtime service, as well as breakfast and afternoon tea.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Hot and cold food preparation and cooking experience as a Cook, Chef or Line Cook is essential, ideally backed up by some form of qualification.
• Current front of house and back of house communication experience.
• Meal specifications and portion control experience.
• Able to work 5 days, on average 45 hours per week, a minimum 37.5 hours per week.
• Experience cooking and or baking from scratch
What’s on Offer?
Accomplished Cook will be paid £10ph basic annual salary.
Guaranteed 37.5 hours per week contract, 5 days, average hours worked is 45 per week.
2 Week rolling rota, including alternate weekend off and consistent day off during each Monday to Friday week.
Alternate weekend off, no split shifts, or late nights.
20% Staff discount after 3 months.
50% Discount in restaurant whilst working.
Employee assistant programme.
A Cook receives 31 Days annual leave.
Auto enrolment pension after 3 months.
Free membership after 3 months to group package.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Cook with own transport.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
Employer Reference: 9203/2020/CA7747FC
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 02380 224654
Number of Views: 13
Date Added: 07 March 2020