GM of GMs - Head of Hospitality ~ UNIQUE!
Job Category: Area Manager
Job Location: Carlisle, Cumbria
Description: DO YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE FACE OF HOSPITALITY AS WE KNOW IT?
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A 'GM OF GMs' TO LEAD THE HOSPITALITY ARM OF THIS NEW VENTURE FROM SERIAL GLOBAL ENTREPRENEUR JOHN SNYDER!
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE THE HEAD OF HOSPITALITY, LEADING A COMPANY WITH SERIOUS PLANS FOR DISRUPTION, INNOVATION AND GROWTH?
THE MISSION AND "ROCK STAR" GM OF GMs
John Snyder is a highly-successful global serial entrepreneur with an enviable record in high-growth businesses within the digital and marketing sectors; notably, one operating in over 140 different countries from just 1 in five years, doubling its employee count and its turnover in each year.
As CEO of this NEW business, the vision is to bring an incredible and entirely unique product to market which will allow the creation and development of an equally new way of delivering unrivalled, personalised service - Facilitating REAL interaction and emotional connection with its consumers.
The project's HQ will be based at Rose Castle near Carlisle, which is currently undergoing a £6 million refurbishment to the building. Once completed this iconic/historic venue will have a dual purpose - a very high quality hospitality space targeted towards a discerning global audience - the other as a Centre for Peace and Reconciliation.
The initial project involves 3 distinct sites and encompasses a very diverse range of hospitality operations, from Rose Castle itself to a renowned deli operation with award-winning pies, brewery, smokehouse, restaurant, a hostel and lots more!
As the team navigate this exciting journey they aim to experiment and innovate, challenging every idea of hospitality to create a new methodology, proactively using end-to-end technology to create the best and most unique experiences.
In order to ensure the best possible start for this new business and springboard its fast and sustainable expansion, they are seeking to hire a GM of GMs , reporting directly into John Snyder himself.
* Report directly into John Snyder, CEO, and be part of a small senior management team with serious ambition for growth.
* Live the mission of consumer engagement and creating real emotional connection between strangers.
* Spearhead the development of the product (the Style or Model of Hospitality which will be delivered) in conjunction with a revolutionary digital platform.
* Develop real-world processes and a methodology which can be scaled, rolled out to existing businesses and can be built out to kick-start new ones in a very unique way.
* Responsible for the fast recruitment of the GMs and operational teams with a 'Best of the Best' criteria for hiring, leveraging own network and head hunter relationships.
* Genuine mentorship and empowerment of your GM population as to how they deliver a human connection regardless of operation type.
* Have the ability to hire and then "tune up" A* people.
* Execution and delivery of 10 year vision for business and people development.
* A rock star who can identify, seek out and engage other rock stars!
* A real sense of Mission and Vision ; able to develop, implement and live by these.
* Experience as an operator; has walked the walk and has earned the scars and learned the lessons that come with challenges along the way. Someone with a story to tell !
* A servant leader - Someone who can mentor, coach and develop others by facilitating their talents as opposed to a dictatorial approach.
* Experience in developing a discernible culture / way of working which contributes directly to positive, emotional consumer connection and warmth of welcome.
* A high-energy leader who can inspire others to realising and achieving their full potential .
* A disruptor.
* Someone with ambition ; can see the potential in a newly-human approach to hospitality and how detoxing the industry could translate quickly into real-world gains at all levels.
* Will want to be at the very edge of the digital / direct marketing and data revolution before it happens - And be one of its originators .
* Electronically conversant - Comfortable in the electronic age and arena; Confident in use of industry platforms / spreadsheets as part of your working environment.
Berkeley Scott is acting as a recruitment consultancy in respect of this vacancy. We are expecting a high number of applications for this role - As such, we regret that we will only be able to respond to successful applications.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: LM 1011114
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0161 233 5880
Number of Views: 13
Date Added: 14 January 2020