Snr Sous Chef
Job Category: Sous Chef
Job Location: Suffolk, Cambridge
Description: This luxurious and charming Rosette Country House Hotel in Suffolk set within beautiful grounds is looking for an experienced Snr Sous Chef to join and help lead the kitchen team.
The Hotels continuing success is based on the existing team and their passion and enthusiasm for delivering outstanding customer service and hospitality. The successful Snr Sous Chef candidate will be joining a kitchen team of 14 talented chefs who create a great work place and environment for staff which includes many benefits.
The Snr Sous Chef role will require you to maintain Health and Hygiene standards of the kitchen. You will also be expected to assist in the smooth running of the kitchen as well as the production of exceptional cuisine. This is a very demanding kitchen environment as all the food is prepared using fresh and seasonal produce.
Main Duties of this Snr Sous Chef opportunity are:
* To follow the day to day procedures
* Act as a deputy to the Head Chef
* Lead, coordinate and motivate the team
* Plan the day to day running of all sections of the kitchen effectively
* Communicate directly with kitchen team members
* Control all the operating costs within all the food outlets to the agreed budgets set and order appropriate levels of food
* Carry out quality checks on stock, produce and dishes along with offering training, and understanding of the products to keep the team focussed
* Have a flexible ability to respond to business and client needs
* Ensure daily food preparation meets recipe and specification index i.e. size, quantity and quality
* To follow and abide by all regulations, policies and procedures
* Attend all relevant meetings and ensure understanding of business throughout the hotel
* Suggest recipes and menu planning ideas
Requirements for this Snr Sous Chef role are:
* Experience of cooking fresh dishes in a 1 - 2AA Rosette establishment
* Passion and Creative Flair
* Excellent communication skills with colleagues and guests
* Ability to remain calm and focused during busy service
* Experience in leading a section/s and be astrong team player
* You will bring fresh ideas and experience
Benefits of this Snr Sous Chef vacancy are:
* 28 days holiday per year(including bank holidays)
* Free meals whilst on duty
* Free membershipfor theHealth and Fitness facilities
* Food and Spa facilities discount
* Relevant training, appropriate for your position/profession
* A team-based and highly supportive working environment
A commitment to your professional development All Applicants must ................
To apply for this Snr Sous Chef opportunity, then please send us your most recent up to date CV to murrayfirstcontactuk.com
All applicants will have a stable CV with excellent traceable references.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
I would like to thank you for your interest shown in this position. Please note that we take your application very seriously, but must stress that applications will only be answered in person if they match the criteria of the position advertised. If we haven't contacted you within 72 hours, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion for this position.
First Contact Chefs are passionate about fostering careers in the hospitality industry. We believe in professional career development, rather than simply placing candidates in jobs. We nurture talent to ensure an enhancement of our clients and the industrys reputation as a whole and we are a great supporter of "A Passion to Inspire" developing the relationship between the applicant and employer.
By applying directly for this position you accept that we can store your personal data. We promise to never pass your details on to third parties without your direct authorisation.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 1329JM
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 00000000000
Number of Views: 10
Date Added: 23 August 2019