CENTRE CHEF - CHILDRENS CENTRE - BRISTOL
Job Category: Kitchen Manager
Job Location: BRISTOL, Bristol
Description: Centre Chef for Children's Community Centre - Bristol Central
Confident and reliable Chef required for a bustling Children's community centre in Bristol. You'll be planning and preparing the breakfasts, lunches and snacks for the children while taking into account any individual dietary needs. The menus are as fresh as possible and you'll be sourcing the fruit and veg from the local market. Ability to prepare / or willingness to learn to prepare some simple African, Asian and Caribbean dishes and to use ingredients / fruits / vegetables from around the world
You will be responsible for ordering as well as maintaining stock levels, as well as ensuring that a high standard of food hygiene and kitchen cleanliness is maintained in compliance with all Health & Safety legislation and to keep up to date with any relevant guidance. Ability to communicate well with adults and children. Ability to stay calm under pressure and work with interruptions in a busy environment
There may also need to be the occasional out of hours working for any meetings or events that come up.
* Experience of menu planning]
* Basic food hygiene
* Understanding and commitment to supporting equality of opportunity.
* To be approachable, honest and reliable and able to accept line management
* Experience of preparing food for large groups
* Experience of working as part of a team.
* Ability to stay calm under pressure and work with interruptions in a busy environment
* Ability to fulfil Health and Safety requirements and take action to prevent potentially dangerous situations occurring in a catering environment
* Ability to plan and prepare a healthy balanced diet to meet the nutritional needs of young children and reflect different dietary requirements.
* Level Three equivalent catering qualification
* Experience of working in a childcare/education setting
* Experience of food ordering and stock management
* Full driving Licence and own vehicle
Hours of work
* 32 per week
* Mon / Tue-Fri
* £18,048 - £19,992 (pro rata to 39 hours)
* £14,808 - £16,404 (actual)
If this is an opportunity that you think you can commit to long term and have the relevant background and experience then please send in your most up to date CV with contact details and we'll be in touch.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: LM ECCBR070119NH
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: .
Number of Views: 9
Date Added: 07 January 2019