Head Pastry Chef
Job Category: Pastry Chef
Job Location: Hertfordshire, St. Albans
Description: This award winning rosette Hotel in Hertfordshire set within beautiful countryside is looking for an experienced and creative Head Pastry Chef to lead the section and uphold the already high standards in place.
Main Responsibilities for this Head Pastry Chef position inc:
* Responsible for the overall running and operation of the Pastry area
* Ensure the correct service for timing and progress of all dishes
* Motivate the team and ensure that full instructions are given on a daily basis
* Review Production sheet to understand variety of baked goods to be produced daily
* Come up with new desert ideas with the Exec Head Chef
* Safely and appropriately use baking and measuring tools/equipment/appliances to prepare baked foods
* Follow and ensure compliance with food safety handling policies and procedures, including personal hygiene procedures
* Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards
* Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily
Essential Skills required for this Head Pastry Chef opportunity are:
* Must have recent pastry experience in a 4/5 property in a senior position
* Must have the ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the goal
* Must have excellent verbal communication and leadership skills
* Be able to express creativity through food selections, preparation and presentation
* Must have the ability to remain calm in high stress situations
* Be able to solve problems quickly under pressure
* Diploma or degree from accredited university in culinary arts or NVQ or related
Benefits of this Head Pastry Chef position inc:
* 28 days holiday 1 Extra Holiday Day on Birthday upon 1 year Service
* Long Service Loyalty rewards
* Discounted Food and Beverage and accommodation
* Discount on Spa treatments and products
* Staff meals on duty
All Applicants must ................
To apply for this Head Pastry Chef opportunity, then please send us your most recent up to date CV to murrayfirstcontactuk.com
Visit firstcontactchefs.com for other Great New Career Opportunities.
All applicants will have a stable CV with excellent traceable references.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
I would like to thank you for your interest shown in this position. Please note that we take your application very seriously, but must stress that applications will only be answered in person if they match the criteria of the position advertised. If we haven't contacted you within 72 hours, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion for this position.
First Contact Chefs are passionate about fostering careers in the hospitality industry. We believe in professional career development, rather than simply placing candidates in jobs. We nurture talent to ensure an enhancement of our clients and the industrys reputation as a whole and we are a great supporter of "A Passion to Inspire" developing the relationship between the applicant and employer.
By applying directly for this position you accept that we can store your personal data . We promise to never pass your details on to third parties without your direct authorisation.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 13893JM
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0114 245 8696
Number of Views: 14
Date Added: 03 January 2019