Head Chef, Prep School, Gloucestershire, 25K
Job Category: Head Chef
Job Location: cheltenham, Cheltenham
Description: My client is looking for an exceptional Head Chef at the prep school to support the Catering Manager at this prestigious Independent School in Cheltenham.
The successful candidate will be a strong character, someone with bundles of enthusiasm and energy. You will be able to cope well under pressure and be able to write creative menus incorporating modern food trends. This role is not an "office based" Head Chef position, you will be required to support the team in the kitchen "hands on". You will be an inspirational leader and someone who enjoys training and developing their talented chef brigade.
The daily offer consists of Morning Break, lunch & some hospitality 5 days a week feeding over 500 pupils, staff and visitors.
This position would suit a strong head chef wishing to progress their career. My client is happy to consider head chefs from rosette hotels, restaurants, high-end B&I or Independent School contract catering.
* Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
A little about the caterer:
* Award winning Independent UK contract caterer
* One of the most innovative contract caterers in the UK
* Year on year sales growth through organic growth and reputation
* Fresh, seasonal products from local and regional suppliers
* Training and development of its people is at the heart of the business
* Bespoke catering solutions for each and every client
Salary & Benefits:
* £25,000 to £25,000 per annum (depending on experience and what you can bring to the business)
* TWorking 46 weeks only ( incl holidays)
* Generally Monday to Friday (occasional Saturday for open mornings)
* Sociable Straight 8 hour Shift (example: 7.00am to 3.30pm)
* Meals on duty
* Uniform provided
* Excellent career progression and development
Job Requirements & Key Skills:
* Ensuring that service level agreements are achieved & customer expectations are met.
* Ensuring that catering premises and equipment are maintained, clean and hygienic and that safe systems of work are in place
* Experience of Managing, motivating and developing a team of chefs and KPs
* Ensuring all Food Hygiene and Health & Safety policies and allergen control procedures are followed
* Ensure that financial margins are being met and budgets being achieved through good management of the account
* A talented chef who has fine dining experience to rosette standard
* Menu planning and costings for large events
* Training and mentoring the team
* General Administration
* You will need to be commercial and understand food costs
* Be able to communicate effectively to senior management and clients
* A strong leader and team player leading from the front
* Be creative in menu writing with an understanding of modern day trends
* Excellent allergen awareness
* Experience of Microsoft office (word, excel, outlook) would be a preference
* All candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS will be required
* Identity and history checks covering the last 5 years will be required
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: LM 1006504
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: .
Number of Views: 13
Date Added: 29 July 2018