Conference & Banqueting Coordinator
Job Category: Conference & Banqueting Assistant
Job Location: Shepperton , Guildford
Description: My client works for a small, local independent hotel group and is looking for an ambitious, hardworking individual to organise and coordinate events between 2 of their hotels. Reporting to the Events Director, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work within the event industry within hotels.
* To organise and co-ordinate bookings and enquires through telephone calls and emails.
* Manage show rounds of both venues and promote the hotels with energy and enthusiasm.
* Ensuring that all necessary information is obtained in accordance with hotel standards and recorded accurately for circulation to all departments.
* Help deliver the occasional event and stay to make sure everything runs smoothly
* Proactively sell all the hotels facilities to maximise revenue.
* Ensure Conference and Banqueting events are run smoothly from start to finish, and to be the point of call for any enquiries.
* To adhere to the company's payment/credit procedures.
The ideal candidate will:
* Hotel experience and understanding of the hotel industry.
* Have knowledge of the Conference and Banqueting event industry and understand the procedures within a hotel.
* Proven experience within an operational, event styled role.
* Be confident, hardworking, organised and a fast learner.
* Presentable, friendly, and able to deliver excellent customer service.
* The ability to be flexible with hours, including weekends.
* Be ambitious, and look to drive revenue within the company.
On top of all this, the most important aspect of this role is the person's attitude to learn and the accuracy of their work. This role is a fantastic step into the hotel event industry and the company will ensure you learn the industry quickly.
The role is operational, and the teams within the hotels are friendly, take pride in their work, and passionate to drive successful results.
If you are looking for your break in hotels, please contact Conner Baker on or email
Employer Reference: LM 1006267
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 020 7268 6333
Number of Views: 9
Date Added: 10 July 2018