Conference Sales Office Manager
Job Category: Sales Manager
Job Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
Description: Conference Sales Manager
Reports to General Manager
Salary - £28K pa plus Benfits
* Previous hotel and / or conference and events management experience
* Proven sales experience in a similar role
* Excellent customer service skills and confident in dealing with a wide range of clients
Within the Role
* Working to set KPI's
* Proactive sales skills to actively convert conference & events business
* Providing leadership which utilises the full potential of the conference team
* Promoting effective relationships with individuals and other departments
* Acquiring skills and knowledge relating to the job role
* Setting measurable performance standards, objectives and goals to be achieved
* Improving quality and service standards by paying attention to detail
* Anticipating potential problems and business opportunities within the planning process
* Demonstrating a systematic approach to organisation and administration
* Focusing on producing results through encouraging high achievement
* Take the lead in promotional activities
* Maximise all conference and banqueting revenue opportunities
* Forecasting the department's activity and implementing proactive measures to ensure all sales targets are met.
* Skilled use of Conference booking and reporting tools.
* Constantly seek ways of refreshing and improving the product as well as our guests experience within the hotel and the department.
* Actively seek opportunities to increase sales and conversions within the department.
* Understand the competitive marketplace and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
* Build strong relationships with guests to fully understand and cater to their needs
* Arrange and carry out Hotel show rounds
* Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events.
* Comfortable working under own initiative & to have a positive & proactive approach to work
* Self-motivator with great time management skills
* Excellent phone manner, confident with Cold Calling and confident with face - face meetings
* Well turned out at all times
* Keen attention for detail
* Maintain and development relationships with clients
* Confident in working to deadlines
* Must be fully computer literate
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae in a Word Document format. If this role does not fully match your needs please visit our website for similar opportunities or call Dave Stirling on.
Employer Reference: LM 1005578
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0161 233 5880
Number of Views: 8
Date Added: 09 July 2018