General Catering manager, West Wales, 35K
Job Category: General Manager
Job Location: camarthen, West Wales
Description: General Catering Manager - Prestigious Independent School - Camarthenshire
We have an exciting opportunity for a General Catering Manager to work within a prestigious independent school. As General Catering Manager you will ensure the smooth and efficient planning and delivery of the day-to-day catering for up to 300 lunchtime covers with additional breakfast and evening meals provided. You will have a passion for quality food and great service delivery. We are ideally looking for a Manager with proven experience in catering to high end Education, Hotels or B&I contracts.
As Manager you will be able to accommodate a range of catering and event operations, working closely with the client on site as client point of contact, whilst managing the business needs and performance standards from a catering perspective. As General Catering Manager you will work with an outstanding team who will look to you for set the standard and lead by example. Your passion to deliver a consistently great customer experience and stunning food will be obvious to all. This school is at the heart of the surrounding area, working with other businesses and schools to develop a mutual respect and common understanding that children's development in all areas of education is so important.
This role offers a great opportunity for progression within this forwrad looking company.
As Manager you will be responsible for:
* Responsible for the management and execution of all catering and hospitality including breakfast, lunch and evening meals
* Sound financial knowledge and awareness of working with a contract budget
* Develop and lead a team of 60 to deliver excellence in service and offering to meet our exacting client's requirements
* Catering to additional hospitality including evening and weekend events for up to 500 covers when required
* Responsible for the creation and delivery of effective H&S and environmental plans
* Engage actively as the client point of contact with both the school and parents
* To motivate and lead employees to perform their roles to a high standard, leading by example at all times
* Delivering financial results and managing a P&L - full P&L knowledge and accountability is essential
* To continually drive towards service excellence, customer satisfaction and delivering innovation across all areas
* Ability to organise and implement plans to achieve client satisfaction leading to contract retention
* Coach, develop and lead a team to provide exceptional service
* You must be exceptionally presentable
* To implement and maintain exemplary levels of standards of hygiene, health and safety, auctioning where necessary
The Ideal Candidate
* Passionate about catering and service delivery
* Strong level of literacy and numeracy
* Knowledge of food preparation and standards required with education
* Strong ability to build professional partnerships and communicate at all levels
* Strong and sensitive man-management skills
* Great knowledge of current retail practices and food trends
* Great organisational skills and ability to prioritise effectively
* Adept at managing HR processes and driving teams
* Sound knowledge of compliance and able to implement effective financial controls to dliever all buseinss objectives.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: LM 1005618
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: .
Number of Views: 8
Date Added: 09 July 2018