CHEF DE PARTIE - BERKSHIRE - 2AA ROSETTE
Job Category: Chef de Partie
Job Location: Berkshire, Reading
Description: As Chef de Partie you will be an integral part of the team to lead a section in the kitchen creating the finest dishes and working to the highest standards. A key focus of your role is to share your passion for cooking and food with your team and help train and develop them.
* Plan and oversee day-to-day running of your section to meet service requirements
* Follow all health and hygiene standards
* Supervise and lead a team of Commis and Demi Chefs
* Sample, smell and observe food to ensure conformance to recipes and standards
* Take orders from the Sous Chef and give tasks to Commis and Demi Chefs and check that they are carried out in the correct manner
* Write daily wine, dry storage, food requisitions and kitchen transfers on the appropriate forms for the approval of the Sous Chef in order to achieve the high stock rotation desired in the section
* Maintain a clean and efficient kitchen section and ensures maximum utilization of food
* Participate in food production. Portions meats, fish, vegetables and desserts and utilizes food surpluses to control food costs
* Communicate with and assist back-of-the-house personnel to maintain efficient food production
* Conduct daily food line inspections in section to ensure quality is maintained.
* Ideally NVQ levels 2and3
* Experience working in a Michelin star or AA Rosette establishment
* Hotel or Restaurant background
* Good knowledge of cooking techniques and styles
* Good understanding of food, hygiene and safety
* COSHH knowledge
* Good verbal and written English
* Computer literate
* The right to work in the United Kingdom
* Complimentary nights with breakfast, and 50 discount
* Team members awards and incentives schemes
* Great Training and Development
* Complimentary meals whilst on duty
To apply for this Chef de Partie vacancy, then please send us your most recent up to date CV to murrayfirstcontactuk.com.
All Applicants must................
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
PLEASE NOTE: If we havent contacted you within 72 hours of your application, then on this occasionyou will have been unsuccessful.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 00110489JM
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 00000000000
Number of Views: 5
Date Added: 24 May 2018