Job Category: Commis Chef
Job Location: Reading, Reading
Description: This award winning multi outlet Hotel is looking for an eager and enthusiastic Commis Chef to join their talented team.
Preparing and assisting in creating the finest dishes using local produce, you will work directly under the Demi Chef de Partie to ensure that all food presented to our guests is of the highest standard.
* Run a clean, tidy and organised environment at all times
* Participates in food production, portions meats, fish, vegetables and desserts and utilises food surpluses to control food costs
* Ensures daily food preparations meet outlined recipes including portion size, quantity and quality
* Maintains food quality control.
* Ensures proper food rotation, which will eliminate spoilage and waste.
* Maintains a clean and efficient kitchen section and ensures maximum utilisation of food
* Communicate with and assists back-of-the-house personnel to maintain efficient food production
* Take direction and guidance from other team members
* Have a flexible ability to respond to business and client needs
* Follow and abide by all our regulations, policies and procedures
* Provide support to the front of house team to ensure exceptional customer care
* Ideally NVQ levels 2and3
* Experience working in a Michelin star or AA Rosette establishment
* Hotel or Restaurant background
* Good knowledge of cooking techniques and styles
* Good understanding of food, hygiene and safety
* COSHH knowledge
* Good verbal and written English
* The right to work in the United Kingdom
* Complimentary nights with breakfast, and 50 discount
* Great Training and Development
* Team members awards and incentives schemes
* Complimentary meals whilst on duty
To apply for this Commis Chef position, then please send us your most recent up to date CV to murayfirstcontactuk.com.
All Applicants must....................
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 00110785jm
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0114 245 8696
Number of Views: 10
Date Added: 24 May 2018