Commis Chef, Fitzwilliam
Job Category: Commis Chef
Job Location: Cabridge, Cambridge
Description: Please note, to be considered for this position please apply directly on our website: https://workingat.tate.org.uk/.
We have a great opportunity for a Commis Chef in the Courtyard Café in the Fitzwilliam Museum in Cambridge on a permanent basis.
Our Commis Chef will work a minimum of 32 hours per week, with the opportunity to be offered up to full-time hours as the business requires. We are looking for availability to work weekends and the occasional late evening. On occasions, the successful candidate will also be covering for the Kitchen Porter in their absence.
We aim to be the best gallery catering facility in the world with a strong commitment to quality, service and sustainability in the food and drink we serve.
The successful candidate should share this passion and demonstrate the following:
• previous experience in a similar kitchen as Commis Chef or General Assistant
• a passion and commitment to learn and drive to succeed in their career
• experience of working in a busy kitchen
• some food knowledge and a desire to learn more
• excellent knowledge of health & safety and food hygiene
• strong, positive and professional communications skills
• some understanding of cost control and minimising waste
• consistently great food production skills, in line with the high quality standards expected by Tate Catering.
So if you have a passion to join our dedicated team, please apply today directly on our website: https://workingat.tate.org.uk/ and tell us why you are the best person for the job.
We offer great benefits, staff training, staff meal allowance, performance and service awards, great discounts in our shops and catering outlets, Employee Assistance Program, Cycle scheme and free entry to exhibitions for you, your friends and family.
Interviews scheduled from the 18th May 2018.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: TC1133
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 020 7887 8888
Job Website: https://workingat.tate.org.uk/pages/job_search_view.aspx?preview=preview&jobId=3981
Number of Views: 8
Date Added: 11 May 2018