Junior Sous Chef
Job Category: Sous Chef
Job Location: Cardiff, Cardiff
Description: This 3AA South Wales Hotel and Restaurant are looking to recruit a Junior Sous Chef to work in one oftheir 5 restaurants.
As a chef you will be standards driven, strive for perfection and have a genuine drive and ambition. You will take responsibility for overseeing the general day to day kitchen operations from ensuring lunch and dinner are set up whilst also ensuring that health and safety regulations are adhered to.
Your food knowledge and skills will support the brigade in order to deliver outstanding food and in turn, a superb colleague experience.
Main responsibilities for this role include (but are not limited to):
* Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping and storing food.
* Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist whilst monitoring food quality.
* Operate ovens, stoves, grills, fryers etc.
* Set-up and break down of work station ensuring cleanliness at all times.
* Follow all safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager and complete department training.
* Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional.
* Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
What we are looking for:
* Ability to work within a controlled budget and food cost
* Experience of managing a team
* Previous experience of working as a Chef in a restaurant or similar large scale environment
* Creative, innovative and passionate
* High standards of health and safety and food hygiene.
* Pride and passion for what you do.
* Consistent, high quality food that reflects our high standards.
* Minimum Chef NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
* Relevant Good Hygiene Certificate
Hours of Work: 48 hours per week, 5 days out of 7
Theyoffer competitive salaries and excellent staff benefits including uniform, free meal whilst on duty, staff accommodation and generous discounts throughout the Resort.
To apply for this Jnr Sous Chef, then please send us your most recent up to date CV to murrayfirstcontactuk.com.
All Applicants must..................
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
PLEASE NOTE: If we havent contacted you within 72 hours of your application, then on thisoccasion you will have been unsuccessful.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 00110706JM
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 00000000000
Number of Views: 16
Date Added: 05 April 2018