Snr Sous Chef
Job Category: Sous Chef
Job Location: Oxfordshire, Oxford
Description: Our Oxfordshire Client is looking for a strong Snr Sous Chef to help lead and motivate their existing kitchen team alongside the talented Head Chef.
As Senior Sous Chef you will assist the Head Chef in overall management and control of the Kitchen and lead the team in his absence. Your role will be fundamental in maintaining and further developing the skills of the Kitchen team.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Snr Sous Chef position are:
* Maintain and improve standards of service in relation to all procedures, staff and food production
* Ensure that catering deadlines are met
* To ensure that the operation complies with all current Health and Safety and Food Safety regulations and any additional requirements
* Assist in the implementation and monitoring of all departmental training and development plans
* To supervise, motivate, coach and team build
* Provide assistance to the Head Chef with functions and other arranged events
* In the Head Chefs absence and in conjunction with the management team, lead the Kitchen Brigade
* Provide assistance to the Manager and Assistant Manager or department in any area that is suited to your experience or skill set
* Assist in the implantation of all COSHH and HACCP Regulations
* You will be expected to step in and cover staff sickness and shortfalls, which could be at short notice
* Maintain and encourage in others the strictest of hygiene disciplines
* Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when requiredBenefits of this Snr Sous Chef role are: * * Employer offers a contribution to a Group Personal Pension
* * Life insurance
* * Access to facilities on site
* * Meals provided during your working hours
* * Full uniform (including safety shoes)
* * Access to Cycle to Work Scheme and child care vouchers
To apply for this Snr Sous Chef opportunity, then please send us your most recent up to date CV to murrayfirstcontactuk.comIn line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.I would like to thank you for your interest shown in this position. Please note that we take your application very seriously, but must stress that applications will only be answered in person if they match the criteria of the position advertised. If we haven't contacted you within 72 hours, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion for this position.First Contact Chefs are passionate about fostering careers in the hospitality industry. We believe in professional career development, rather than simply placing candidates in jobs. We nurture talent to ensure an enhancement of our clients and the industrys reputation as a whole and we are a great supporter of "A Passion to Inspire" developing the relationship between the applicant and employer.We promise to never pass your details on to third parties without your direct authorisation.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 12704JM
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0114 245 8696
Number of Views: 14
Date Added: 04 April 2018