SECOND COOK - BRISTOL - £9ph
Job Category: Chef de Partie
Job Location: BRISTOL, Bristol
Description: SECOND COOK NEEDED FOR BUSY FRESH FOOD EDUCATIONAL SITE IN BRISTOL - FULL TIME TEMP to PERM OPPORTUNITY - £9PH
A strong, flexible and committed Second Cook needed for a residential College in Bristol. You'll be helping to cook for around 100 students. As part of the catering team you will be helping to prepare and serve the weekday lunches as well as one evening meal per week for a smaller number of about 30 students. The team also caters for some other occasions on a few weekends of the year, as well as for some external conference groups. The majority of the primary catering activity is during term-time.
Your key responsibilities will be:
* Prepare meals to a high standard
* Take particular responsibility for preparing the lunchtime salad bar
* Take part in the teams responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of procedures to ensure a high standard of food hygiene and a safe working environment
* Take account of dietary requirements
* To cover the Head Cook in their absence
* Assist in checking deliveries
* Assist the Head Cook in any other matters as required
The essential skills of the successful candidate will be:
* A level of experience to deliver on the job description, evidenced by at least three years' work in catering
* Ability to take initiative as well as to work as part of a team
* Enthusiasm and a creative imagination for food
* Interest in the knowledge of the nutritional value of food for promoting healthy eating
* Some measure of flexibility regarding work-time availability
* Sympathy with Christian ethos and vision of the college
* City & Guilds qualification in catering (706-1/2)
* A knowledge of Vegetarian cuisine
This opportunity will be an ongoing temporary position that may lead to a permanent role for the right candidate. The hours are mainly daytime but as mentioned, you need to be flexible. The hourly pay rate is £9.00 per hour.
If this is something you could really get your teeth into and enjoy doing, then please send me in your up to date CV and I'll be in touch with the next step.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: LM SCTC120318NH
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: .
Number of Views: 6
Date Added: 12 March 2018