Job Category: Sous Chef
Job Location: Halifax, Leeds
Description: Berkeley Scott are very pleased to be working in conjunction with this AA Rosette Hotel Restaurant in Halifax
As you would expect with a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant, the menu is heavily focused on fresh, local produce and they work closely with local suppliers.
The Company is also expecting candidates to be very capable at building a culture of respect and development in their kitchens - As such, you should be a leader as well as a manager, well able to organise progression planning within your site and developing your brigade into the Head Chefs of the future
This is a very exciting opportunity, and its success will rely very heavily on the Head and Sous Chef being able to deliver the requirements above in a cost-effective and sustainable way. You will need to be very up on trends in the industry and be able to stay ahead of the curve with regards to different types of menu depending on the time of day.
- Assist in the Design of innovative, profitable and exciting menus
- Liaise with suppliers to source and continuously ensure quality products
- Be very in tune with current market trends, and anticipate future ones
- Be able to be customer-facing when required
- Be able to lead and manage a kitchen team whilst keeping a cool head
- Design spec manuals / SOPs and control HACCP to an extremely high standard
- Cooking skills which are second-to-none
- A hands-on leader of your teams
- Able to liaise effectively with front-of-house teams and foster a healthy culture of respect and development
In return for your talent, hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a basic salary of up to £25,000 + bonus, benefits and a serious chance to progress your career. Live in is also available.
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae in a Word Document format. If this role does not fully match your needs please visit our website for similar opportunities or call Matt Wood on
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: LM 011124
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: .
Number of Views: 11
Date Added: 02 March 2018