Job Category: Sous Chef
Job Location: Edinburgh, Edinburgh
Description: Job Title: Sous Chef
Location: Edinburgh central
Accommodation: Live Out
Salary: Generous Competitive Benefits
Are you looking for a position as a Sous Chef Imagine working in a central Edinburgh, luxury 5 Star hotel, supported by a leading Head Chef and a well-established support group in the form of Chef de Partie, Commis Chef and Kitchen Porter.
If you are fascinated by food, a natural leader/organiser and someone who has great communication skills, then we would love to hear from you. Are you seeking a management position in the kitchen If so please contact us. If you love to cook for others and have completed NVQ in Cooking and Preparation along with completing service in a similar environment then we could help you develop your career and experience as we take on board a Sous Chef We are a luxury five-star hotel located in the centre of Edinburgh. Our Head Chef and kitchen team have created some superb seasonal menus which bring something new to the Edinburgh dining scene and we are looking for a natural leader who can push the kitchen forward. Not only a hotel we also cater for weddings, functions, private events and offer a bar service/afternoon tea.
* Maintaining and ensuring team ensure high standards of hygiene
* Supporting the brigade through service
* Coaching and mentoring, looking out for team members and helping them develop their own careers.
* Managing all sections in the absence of head chef.
* Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
* Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
What skills do I need
Youll need to have a lot of stamina, can learn on your feet and be passionate about food because cooking in a high-pressure kitchen is hard work. Youll also need to be versatile, because it is important that you gain experience in all sections of the kitchen.
Which qualifications would be helpful
* The 14-19 Hospitality and Catering diploma
* NVQs or SVQs
* City and Guilds diplomas in professional cookery
* BTEC HND in professional cookery
* A foundation degree in culinary arts
* Any health and safety and food hygiene courses
Turnover in this prestigious restaurant is low and it is rare that roles come up. This client is a luxury small operation and able to offer fresh food in an exclusive environment. We are looking for someone who would be willing to work in our commercial operation and able to adapt to our modern style. This is a super opportunity for someone who wants to work for a strong environment and simply within the best in the industry and a position offering generous salary and benefits.
Employer Reference: SD 2535
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 01865 858686
Number of Views: 35
Date Added: 16 November 2017