Chef de Partie Pastry
Job Category: Chef de Partie
Job Location: Surrey, Guildford
Description: This Beautiful 2AA Surrey Country Manor House Hotel is looking for an experienced and hardworking Chef de Partie to join the passionate kitchen brigade.
Set within 25 acres of lovingly maintained gardens and woodlands, this hotel with 60 bedrooms show historic and contemporary personalities which have been individually decorated for luxury and comfort. The hotels 2AA Rosette restaurant is sophisticated and classicalwith imaginative food.The bar area is a more relaxed dining experience, offering creative and simply delicious lunch and dinner menus. They also have some of the finest private dining rooms in Surrey, where they have deliciously tasty seasonal cuisine and a warm and friendly service. They also servce classic Afternoon Tea served inthe intimate lounge,or on the hotels terraces.
Main Duties of this Pastry Chef de Partie are: Reporting to the Head Chef/Sous Chef you will be leading the pastry section. You will be responsible for:
* Order and stock control
* Designing with the Head Chef menu items for afternoon tea, restaurant as well as banqueting menus
* Producing plated desserts for all menus
* Supervision of junior staff members to ensure consistent standards
* Ensuring work is carried out meeting all food hygiene and health and safety requirements
Thehotel is varied offering catering to guests, conferences, weddings so other duties inc:
* Preparation, production and service of food to the standard required in a timely and efficient manner
* Assist with the preparation of daily/weekly orders for food and kitchen supplies adhering to stock control procedures as directed by the Head/Sous Chef
* Be responsible for receiving and storing of all relevant food and non food items.
* Assist Head/Sous Chef with daily menu planning and composition as and when required.
* To deputise for the Head Chef/Sous Chef in their absence as and when required including supervision of the kitchen, internal communication/ attending meetings
* Practice and promote effective teamwork and communication amongst your direct work colleagues and colleagues in other departments.
* Carry out daily cleaning duties within the kitchen as directed by the Head/Sous Chef in addition to following a 'clean as you go' policy.
* Ensure compliance with inhouse HACCP and food hygiene, health and safety systems to ensure compliance.
* Completing duties in a culture and with an attitude of always striving to exceed standards to promote improvements and raise the quality of feedback from all diners across the hotel.
Requirements for this Pastry Chef de Partie opportunity are:
* Working 5 shifts per week 45 hrs per week.
* Previous experience in a quality environment but is now seeking their first pastry chef role with responsibility for the Pastry Section.
* Demonstrate during a trial shift the practical ability to be able to produce plated desserts to a rosette standard.
* Demonstrate flair and creativity to develop the hotels Afternoon Tea Menu.
* Hold the experience to manage the multi menu requirements and busy banqueting operation.
* Live locally or have the ability to relocate to the area with own transportation.
Benefits of this Chef de Partie position are:
* 4 weeks holiday increasing with service
* 8 Bank holidays
* Free car parking
* Employee uniform
To apply for this Pastry Chef de Partie position, then please sendyour most recent up to date CV to murrayfirstcontactuk.com
All Applicants must..............
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
PLEASE NOTE: If we havent contacted you within 72 hours of your application, then on this occasion you will have been unsuccessful.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 00111949JM
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 00000000000
Number of Views: 17
Date Added: 26 October 2017