General Manager - High-Volume Authentic Cuisine Operation
Job Category: General Manager
Job Location: Greater Manchester
Description: General Manager - Extremely High-Volume Authentic Cuisine Operation
* You MUST have a have a minimum of 3 years' current General Manager experience managing a large (250+ cover), high-volume, quality fresh food operation! *
IMPORTANT: ONLY STRONG GENERAL MANAGERS MATCHING THE BELOW NEED APPLY FOR THIS ROLE.
Our client, a stunning, stylish, quality, yet relaxed restaurant, bar and private dining operation is looking for a highly experienced, hands-on General Manager to run their Manchester based operation. Serving an array of sumptuous authentic dishes made from freshly sourced produce, the operation is popular with all ages and serves not only the local area, but clients coming from far and wide to sample their delicious menu and array of quality drinks.
Our client, a stylish independent authentic cuisine restaurant and bar operation, are looking for a strong and highly experienced General Manager to manage their busy, extremely high volume, 300+ cover operation in Manchester. With it being such a busy operation set to get even busier, we are looking for a strong manager who can handle the pace, who is very present (not office based), professional and can be an inspiring leader.
The successful manager will need to be a real personality, excellent with clients, a real hands-on manager and be the face of the business building a great rapport with all levels of clientele. You will also need to be confident and have experience managing a large diverse team, as this is a busy venue with a large staff base of 30+ full time and part time staff. The role will also include writing rotas, controlling labour costs, financial budgeting and planning, full P&L management as well as ordering stock and ensuring service standards are at the highest level.
As the General Manager you will run the entire restaurant and bar operation as if it was your own, be able to drive sales, propose ideas to implement into the business and work with the kitchen team to drive the food sales; all whilst leading from the front. The role has a great deal of scope and the successful Manager will have a great opportunity to push themselves and the business further, develop their career and be rewarded for their success.
* You will be happy to work evenings and weekends where necessary
* A minimum of 3 current years current General Manager experience managing an extremely high volume, 250+ cover fresh food restaurant operation
* Strong financial acumen - P&L experience, GPs, stock controls and Wage %
* Excellent leadership qualities and be able to recruit, train, develop and manage a large yet fantastic team
* A great passion for and knowledge of food, drinks and the hospitality industry
* You must be energetic and passionate about the bar and food industry, and have very good all round knowledge
* Experience of marketing and using modern social media mediums such as Twitter and Facebook is advantageous
* Experience of working in a quality environment with premium products and a good floor and table service second to none
* Strong organisational skills, multitasking skills and be used to making your own decisions as you will have full autonomy
* You will be looking to join an expanding company where there are lots of opportunities for the right person
* You must be a great host and front of house operator - smart and well-presented
* This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the North's best up and coming companies.
£30,000-35,000. Plus fantastic benefits and progression opportunities.
IMPORTANT: ONLY STRONG GENERAL MANAGERS OR ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGERS MATCHING THE BELOW NEED APPLY FOR THIS ROLE. APPLICANTS LOOKING FOR THEIR FIRST APPOINTMENT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae in a Word Document format.
Berkeley Scott is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Employer Reference: GM-1017-MAN
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0161 233 5884
Job Website: http://www.berkeley-scott.co.uk
Number of Views: 5
Date Added: 10 October 2017