Job Category: Head Chef
Job Location: Lancaster, Cumbria
Description: This beautiful Lancashire 2AA Rosette Gastro Pub/Restaurant is looking for a pasionate and committed Head Chef to lead and motivate the kitchen team.
This high quality award winning property would like to appoint a strong Head Chef. Showing the right dedication and passion, the successful candidate will thrive within an excellent kitchen environment. Flexibility is key to this position as is a desire to succeed in your chosen profession.
You will be a competent Head Chef with strong all round skills and be an excellent communicator and mentor to more junior members of the kitchen team. Working with the finest fresh produce, it is essential that all applicants are capable of confidently being able to lead, and inspire your brigade. You must also have previous experience working within a similar property and a good stable CV and traceable references.
Maintaining the established reputation and standards is paramount. You should have bags of energy and drive, and be looking to make a good career for yourself.
As Head Chef you will be running a kitchen team, coordinating the working day as a team, allocating tasks to the entire team, giving timescales for work to be completed and ensuring completed to a high level.
You must also be able to manage the team during the working day ensuring speed, accuracy and quality.
* Current Stock
* Product as being produced by team (need them to constantly check with you anything they are producing). Ensure systems are in place to monitor this.
* Complete staff rotas for 4 weeks in advance.
* Train to be as flexible and competent on all tasks. Allocate responsibilities in line with ability.
* Cost effective buying.
* Ensure kitchen running to GP
* Check GP figures on a weekly basis with GM.
* Cost specials accurately.
* Monitor impact of changes in supplier/produce and costs in relation to GP for dishes
The successful candidate will:
* Have proven track record as a Head or Sous chef in similar quality environment
* Will have experience in working with high volume
* Be passionate about delivering high quality, seasonal food
* Be able to effectively manage, motivate and lead a team
* Have the ability to develop a team enhancing the skill level of the brigade
* Be a clear communicator and enjoy being part of a team
* Competitive remuneration package
* An environment that will enable you to develop your product knowledge and skills
* On and off the job training with a structured career development
To apply for this Head Chef opportunity, then please send us your most recent up to date CV to murrayfirstcontactuk.com.
All Applicants must..................
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
PLEASE NOTE: If we havent contacted you within 72 hours of your application, then on this occasion you will have been unsuccessful.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 00111614JM
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 00000000000
Number of Views: 26
Date Added: 31 August 2017