Job Category: Sous Chef
Job Location: Berkshire, Reading
Description: This elegant, multi award winning hotel is set within majestic buildings offering 3 restaurants which all produce innovative cuising to high standards using fresh simple produce. They are currently seeking an ambitious Sous Chef to join their large kitchen brigade working with an extremely talented Head Chef.
As Sous Chef you must be able to support chefs in the smooth running of the kitchen where you will assist the Head Chef in the running of the kitchen. You will help enable the team to achieve the highest levels of standards and service whilst preparing food to the highest quality.
Main Duties will include:
* Lead, co-ordinate and motivate the kitchen team for the restaurant
* Produce and deliver quality food and enable operational excellence
* Ensure daily food preparation meets recipe and specification
* Manage a clean and efficient kitchen department by maximum utilisation of food
* Manage cost and maximise business opportunities
* Plan and order as appropriate for levels of business
* Mentor train and coach the team
* Support with the administration such as rotas, recruitment and attending hotel meetings
* Write and check standard recipes to ensure portion control, uniformity and taste for approval of the Executive Chef
* To carry out quality control checks, ensuring presentation, quality of food and service standards are adhered to
* To complete material check lists, e.g. mise-en place, within own department for all sections
* To check daily function
* Responsible for daily ordering and purchase control
* To control food costs according to agreed budgets
* Experience as a senior chef
* Strong understanding of British cuisine
* Leadership skills
* Experience of menu development, ordering systems and costing process
* In-depth knowledge and application of 5 star kitchen processes and operations
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Team motivator
* Good IT knowledge, ideally experience with payroll, time and attendance system
* Complimentary nights with breakfast and 50discount
* Team members awards and incentives schemes
* Complimentary meals whilst on duty
To apply for this great Sous Chef opportunity, then please send us your most recent up to date CV to murrayfirstcontactuk.com.
PLEASE NOTE: If we havent contacted you within 72 hours of your application, then on this occasion you will have been unsuccessful.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 00111636JM
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 00000000000
Number of Views: 27
Date Added: 31 August 2017