Job Category: Sous Chef
Job Location: Berkshire, Reading
Description: This elegant, multi award winning Berkshire Hotel is set within magnificent buildings offeringvarious restaurants which all produce innovative cuisine to high standards using freshseasonal produce are currently seeking an ambitious and dedicated Sous Chef to join their kitchen teamworking with an extremely talented Head Chef and strong passionate team.
As Sous Chef you must be able to support chefs in the smooth running of the kitchen where you will assist the Head Chef in the running of the kitchen. You will help enable the team to achieve the highest levels of standards and service whilst preparing food to the highest quality.
Your Main Dutiesas Sous Chef will include:
* Lead, co-ordinate and motivate the kitchen team
* Produce and deliver quality food
* Ensure daily food preparation meets recipe
* Manage a clean and efficient kitchen department
* Manage cost
* Plan and order as appropriate
* Mentor train and coach the team
* Support with the administration such as rotas, recruitment and attending hotel meetings
* Write and check standard recipes to ensure portion control, uniformity and taste
* To carry out quality control checks, ensuring presentation, quality of food and service standards
* To complete material check lists, e.g. mise-en place, within own department for all sections
* To check daily function
* Responsible for daily ordering and purchase control
* To control food costs according to budgets
Requirements of this Sous Chef opportunity:
* Experience as a senior chef
* Strong understanding of British cuisine
* Good Leadership skills
* Experience of menu development, ordering systems and costing process
* In-depth knowledge and application of 5 star kitchen processes and operations
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Team motivator
* Good IT knowledge, ideally experience with payroll, time and attendance system
Benefits of the Sous Chef position:
* Complimentary nights with breakfast and 50discount
* Team members awards and incentives schemes
* Complimentary meals whilst on duty
To apply for this great Sous Chef opportunity, then please send us your most recent up to date CV to murrayfirstcontactuk.com.
PLEASE NOTE: If we havent contacted you within 72 hours of your application, then on this occasion you will have been unsuccessful.
All Applicants must.......................
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 00111639JM
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 00000000000
Number of Views: 24
Date Added: 31 August 2017