General Manager - High-End Restaurant & Bar (Must Drive!!)
Job Category: General Manager
Job Location: Leeds
Description: General Manager - High-End Restaurant & Bar Operation
* You MUST drive (also have a car) and have a minimum of 3+ years current General Manager experience a stylish, high-end, high-volume operation! **
Our client, a very high-end, stylish, yet relaxed restaurant and bar operation is looking for a highly experienced, hands-on General Manager to assist in the running of their operation. Serving an array of sumptuous mouth-watering dishes, the operation is popular with all ages and serves not only the local area, but clients coming from far and wide to sample their delicious menu and array of quality drinks.
With exciting expansion plans quickly taking shape, this opportunity will also open the door to huge progression opportunities! Also, with it being a busy high volume operation set to get even busier, we are looking for a strong General Manager for this role.
The successful General Manager will need to be a real personality, excellent with clients, a real hands on manager and be the face of the venue building a great rapport with the clientele. You will also need to be confident and have experience managing a large team, as this is a busy venue with a large staff base (full time and part time staff).
As well as hands-on front of house management, there well The role will also include financial budgeting and planning writing rotas, controlling labour costs, as well as ordering stock and ensuring service standards are at the highest level.
You will run the entire restaurant and bar operation as if it were their own, be able to drive sales, propose ideas to implement into the business and work with the kitchen team to drive the food sales; all whilst leading from the front. The role has a great deal of scope and the successful Manager will have a great opportunity to push themselves and the business further, develop their career and be rewarded for their success.
* You will be happy to work evenings and weekends where necessary
* A minimum of 3 years solid experience as a General Manager in a high-end, high volume, stylish restaurant environment
* Strong financial acumen - Profit & Loss, GPs, stock controls and Wage %
* Excellent leadership qualities and be able to recruit, train, develop and manage a large yet fantastic team
* A great passion for and knowledge of food, drinks and the hospitality industry
* You must be energetic and passionate about the bar and food industry, and have very good all round knowledge
* Experience of marketing and using modern social media mediums such as Twitter and Facebook is advantageous
* Experience of working in a quality environment with premium products and a good floor and table service second to none
* Strong organisational skills, multitasking skills and be used to making your own decisions as you will have full autonomy
* You will be looking to join an expanding company where there are lots of opportunities for the right person
You must be a great host and front of house operator - smart and well-presented
£28,000-30,000. Plus fantastic benefits and progression opportunities.
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae in a Word Document format.
Berkeley Scott is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Employer Reference: HAR
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0161 233 5884
Job Website: http://www.berkeley-scott.co.uk
Number of Views: 33
Date Added: 30 August 2017