Assistant Manager - Stunning restaurant/bar operation
Job Category: Assistant Restaurant Manager
Job Location: Lincoln
Description: RESTAURANT ASSISTANT MANAGER REQUIRED - LINCOLN AREA
WITH HIGH VOLUME GOOD QUALITY RESTAURANT/BAR/CONTRACT CATERING EXPERIENCE
LARGE MULTI-FACETED HIGH VOLUME QUALITY RESTAURANT/BAR OPERATION SET IN STUNNING GROUNDS & PART OF A BIGGER LEISURE OPERATION
MUST BE HANDS-ON WITH THE ABILITY TO RUN A BUSY HIGH PRESSURE RESTAURANT OPERATION
MUST HAVE STRONG FRONT OF HOUSE & IMPECCABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE
LOCATION: STUNNING LOCATION NEAR LINCOLN
SALARY: Around £22,000 but will pay more for the right candidate plus benefits
My client is a highly successful multi-faceted leisure & accommodation with an amazing great quality high volume restaurant operation. With a real captive market plus 90% of the trade being walk-in due to its excellent reputation this operation is looking to expand further due to its success and is looking for a real pro-active General Manager who can 'walk the walk' and not just 'talk the talk'.
The development has great expansion plans and is currently set in 8 acres of land and is looking to expand this to 23 acres in the next 12 months so would like to get the key people in place before they develop further.
The role itself is Assistant Manager, but it is an extremely hands-on role and my client is looking for someone who has great customer service skills and good strong management experience. They are looking for an Assistant Manager who can work in a high pressure environment and who can train and develop their waiting and bar team.
The operation itself is open from 7.00am and serves everything from quality breakfasts to brunches and afternoon teas. It is highly successful for dinner as a busy quality steak restaurant and although the site has 70 covers alongside some outside seating, there are plans to extend further and open a large conservatory. The restaurants is extremely busy and can serve 120 lunches over a 1.5 hour period.
The operation also has planning permission for a conference centre for weddings and banqueting and this is something they are looking to develop in the future.
With an already amazing reputation and one of only 20 operations of its kind in the UK with a 5 star rating the operation is going from strength to strength hence the need for a GM of this level.
* Experience of running the FOH side of a busy multi-faceted restaurant/bar operation in an Assistant or Supervisory capacity
* Extremely hands-on where necessary - not afraid to get stuck in and get hands dirty where necessary, - we are NOT looking for someone who wants to stand back and manage from afar
* The ability to identify problems and prevent them from happening before they happen
* Experience running of high volume multi-faceted quality operations
* Extremely high standards of service and the ability to improve and train service and put some structure into place
* Experience of banqueting is an advantage
* The ability to manage, motivate, train and develop an excellent restaurant & chef team
* The ability to get the best out of your team and deliver the best food and customer service, maintaining and increasing business and reputation
* Strong standards and a great understanding of process and the legalities of health & safety; food hygiene etc
* We are looking for deliverers not 'talkers'!!!
* The role would suit someone from a large multi-faceted catering/leisure/holiday operation or a large multi-faceted quality contract catering background
* This is a great opportunity for the right person and with their expansion the prospects are endless and the remuneration will be high for the right candidate
The starting salary for this position is around £22,000, but my client will pay up a little bit more for the right person plus benefits and potential to progress.
If you feel you have what it takes please send you CV in word format or call 0161 233 5883.
For other opportunities please take a look at our website www.berkeley-scott
Berkeley Scott is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Employer Reference: 1002657
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0363 233 5883
Job Website: http://www.berkeley-scott.co.uk
Number of Views: 7
Date Added: 11 August 2017