Events Manager & Duty Manager (Dual Role) - Prestigious Venue
Job Category: Duty Manager
Job Location: Greater Manchester
Description: Events Manager & Duty Manager (Dual Role) - Stunning Prestigious Venue (Driver)
Salary: Up to £20,000 - 22,000
* You MUST drive, have Events Management, high-volume pub/restaurant management experience and a passion for Weddings & Events *
IMPORTANT: THIS IS A DUAL ROLE WHERE YOU WILL WORK AS A FUNCTIONS MANAGER WHEN FUNCTIONS TAKE PLACE OR AS A DUTY MANAGER (ON DAYS/EVENINGS WHERE THERE ARE NO FUNCTIONS TAKING PLACE)
Our client, a stunning historical, multi-faceted events venue and bar/restaurant operation situated in the Blackburn area, are looking for a strong, passionate and Weddings & Events Manager to be the face of their Events business. You will taking bookings, arranging regular meetings and familiarisation visits as well as planning all aspects of the events up until the day of the event. You will be responsible for the organising and planning of each event from start to finish.
This venue is one of the most sought after venues to work for and this is a great opportunity for you to really develop your future career path as it is recognised in the industry as a high quality operation!!!
As a Events Manager/Duty Manager, you will be responding to requests, booking client appointments/familiarisation visits, planning and arranging weddings/conferences/events whilst providing a quality service all the way to the point of execution. As discussed, this is a dual role where you will be expected to work as Duty Manager on dates/evening where there are no events taking place.
* Providing a tailor made professional and personal service for both private and corporate clients catering to their specific needs and requirements.
* Accepting bookings, arranging appointments and building strong relationships with new and potential clients
* You should also work closely with venue staff encouraging them to push for leads for you.
* Account management - You will be required to keep in regular contact with all existing clients on the database by means of appointments and site visits ensuring they are happy with the service.
* Teaming with managers to research and conduct local marketing campaigns and events for the hotel as well as seasonal promotions for new and existing clients.
* Forming strong relationships with the marketing team and key venue staff.
* You will also be required to assist with budgets in relation to revenue generated from as well as record and monitor trends.
* Duty management shifts.
* Experience of working as an Events Manager in the leisure and hospitality sector.
* Reactive and proactive sales experience - cold calling, networking, client visits, marketing campaigns.
* Marketing and research experience.
* Ideally you will be a driver as you will need to regularly visit clients
* Bright and bubbly with great charisma and the ability to deal with a chat and a smile
* Good working attitude
* Great personality
* Confident and personable
* The desire to develop your career and make a name for yourself!!
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this role is 20,000 - 22,000 + Bonuses and company benefits.
Note: Due to a high number of applicants, only suitable candidates will be contacted.
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae in a Word Document format.
Berkeley Scott is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Employer Reference: EM-1817-BLA
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0161 233 5884
Job Website: http://www.berkeley-scott.co.uk
Number of Views: 11
Date Added: 10 August 2017