Restaurant Manager for Award Winning Restaurant
Job Category: Restaurant Manager
Job Location: Oxford, Oxford
Description: Restaurant Manager Required for Award Winning Oxford Restaurant - Salary GBP36,000 plus GBP4,000 minimum service charge
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role of the Restaurant Manager is to be responsible for all aspects of managing the restaurant. The Restaurant Manager has responsibility for ensuring the restaurant is operated and maintained to maximize profitability while ensuring that the restaurants standards, policies and procedures are maintained.
* Ensure the atmosphere of the restaurant e.g. lights, music, temperature and ambience is appropriate to our customer profile, time of day, and standards set by the Restaurant Manager.
* Ensure that the restaurant is effectively managed and staffed at all times.
* Monitor the quality of food and service to make sure they are in accordance with the restaurant standards. Manage the security of cash, product and equipment while on shift and report any problems.
* Ensure the restaurant is run to the restaurant and legal standards in regards to Hygiene, Health and Safety, and Licencing.
* Manage cost of labour and consumption of stock (food and liquor) while on shift, without compromising the customer experience or the restaurants standards.
* Effectively manage the wage cost while on shift
* Build sales by promoting customer satisfaction, through day to day service and handling of enquiries and bookings.
* Identify and solve any problems that affect sales and profit in liaison with the Management Team.
* Lead the team in any promotions and marketing projects.
* Deal with customers on a daily basis in a prompt and professional manner.
* Make sure all complaints are handled effectively and efficiently with the end result being a happy customer.
* Assist in ensuring all recruitment is carried out in accordance with the company's Equal Opportunities Policy by assessing all candidates against established person specifications and job criteria
* Manage the inductions of new staff according to company standards
* Ensure all legislative training is completed within the required time scale and recorded legitimately in the staff training records.
* Ensure financial targets are set and communicated for all members of the team.
* Demonstrate full understanding and control of the accounts and identify and solve any problems that affect sales and profit, in the absence of the Restaurant Manager.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
* Must have previous Michelin star experience
* Ideally have AA rosette experience
* Outgoing and sociable
* Fine dining/restaurant table service experience
* Knowledge of food and wine, WSET qualified is advantageous
* Attention to detail
* Ability to multi task
* Good communication skills
* Hands on as it is a small team
* Need to be a team player
* Understanding of - cash handling, computer literate, stock control, ordering
* Excellent previous employer work references
If you are looking for a new challenge in a fabulous award winning environment where they are striving to achieve their 1st Michelin star, please apply to Juice Hospitality today with your CV and one of our Recruitment Managers will contact you to discuss the role and venue in more detail.
Employer Reference: SS-2445
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 01865 858686
Number of Views: 14
Date Added: 04 August 2017