Sous Chef - Oxford
Job Category: Sous Chef
Job Location: Oxford, Oxford
Description: Sous Chef, Oxford. Hotel with 1AA Restaurant
This 77 bed hotel with 1AA Rosette restaurant are located within walking distance of Oxford centre. They have a minimal lunch trade but do a roaring business in CandB up to 160 during the day along with functions and events. In the evening they do covers up to approx 60 in the 1AA Rosette restaurant.
The Prospect: A business that is looking to develop over the next 3 years and cement its reputation not only in the region but nationally. This is a prospect that can offer a really exciting opportunity for a forward thinking person.
Salary: Up to GBP28,000 dependent on experience plus Tronc/Service
Hours: Full time, 5 days out of 7 with an emphasis on work-life balance.
1. Prepare, cook and present food to a high standard as set out in company guidelines and by the head chef.
2. To lead the team in delivering excellence.
3. To assist in the development of menu's and generating new ideas for service.
4. Training and development of the team.
5. Stock control and ordering.
6. Adhering to safety and hygiene regulations at all times.
7. To deputise for the head chef in their absence.
* Experience in a similar role and/or environment
* Intermediate Food Handling certificate is preferred
* Experience and understanding of effective stock control, resource planning, food safety requirements and food preparation.
* A team player who can demonstrate effective training/coaching techniques
* Immaculate standards of presentation
* An understanding of numeracy, literacy and preferably some office based computer skills
* Shift Pattern: 40 -45 hours with a mix of 2 splits and 4 straights. Supported by a brigade of 6 plus 3KP.
Employer Reference: SD2556
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 01865 858686
Number of Views: 10
Date Added: 04 August 2017