Job Category: Kitchen Manager
Job Location: Falkirk, Edinburgh
Description: The Role: Kitchen Manager
Ellis Mack Recruitment is working with an established independent Scottish operator with two very successful restaurants through the central belt.
The Restaurant is situated in Falkirk is looking for a kitchen manager. The objective is to consistently deliver fantastic fresh food in a fast-paced environment. The restaurant is an already successful business and such doesnt really need anything changing other than recruiting a strong Head chef / kitchen manager to deliver the offer to the standards already in place.
Working a five-day week this is a live out position and they are looking for a chef to get very much involved in the business on a day to day basis. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager / Senior Management Team the successful candidate will quickly amass an in-depth familiarity with their kitchens operations so that they may carry out their duties and assist them in resolving any problems that may arise on the job.
The ideal candidate must possess the ability to quickly and authoritatively delegate job tasks to a large team. They must also be able to draw upon their considerable experience as a Kitchen manager / Head Chef / Sous chef who has worked in many different roles and settings in order to effectively coach and mentor junior chefs. Team player no egos please!
As Kitchen Manager:
You will be responsible for planning and directing food preparation in a kitchen. This will involve a supervising the kitchen team, as well as working section/s as and when required. Very much a hands-on role whilst still keeping an eye out for problems that arise in the kitchen and seizing control of a situation at a moments notice. Ensuring that all aspect of the Food Safety Management system is carried out and adhered to is essential and extensive knowledge in this area is a must.
* Strong management skills drawing on experience as Head Chef / Sous chef previous
* A complete passion for food and cooking with fresh produce
* Demonstrate flair in your cooking but with a grounded and sensible approach
* The ability to work as part of a busy, fast-paced team
* Ensure all prep work is done in a timely manner
* Good communication with both the front and back of house team
* Understand the importance of food hygiene and health and safety standards
* Career focused, ambitious, hardworking and flexible on working hours
Job skills and requirements:
* Ability to keep your eyes on a lot of elements: food standards, costs, safety, etc.
* Must be a proven leader in the back of house, rallying their team during heavy shifts, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
* Ability to deal with costs, pricing, creating work schedules and more.
* Staffing rotas, orders, cleaning schedules and more organised approach is crucial to the job.
* The ability to deal with any problems that may arise in the kitchen
* Easily communicate standards and cooking methods to staff, give orders and speak with management/ team customers clearly.
To apply for this role please email your CV to ashleyellismack.co.uk or call on 0141 548 8246
Ellis Mack Recruitment is operating as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. In accordance with the amendment to the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act 2006, effective from 29 February 2008, you are required to provide proof of the Right to Work in the UK.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: AM-552218
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0141 548 8246
Number of Views: 25
Date Added: 04 August 2017