Operations Manager - Branded Hotel Operation (South Lakes)
Job Category: Operations Manager
Job Location: Cumbria
Description: Operations Manager - Branded Hotel Operation
Location: South Lake District
To be considered for this role you MUST have over 2+ years current Operations Manager experience in a branded hotel operation
Our client, a stunning branded hotel based in the South Lakes area, is looking for an experienced Operations Manager from a similar style of property to manage a team of HODs, Supervisors and reporting directly to the General Manager. You will be in charge of ALL departments including Food & Beverage, Front office, Housekeeping and Leisure Facilities. This is a very hands on role and you will basically be your General Manager's 'Right Hand Person'.
The hotel is a unique property with a mixture of traditional style bedrooms with high ceiling and ornate older style furniture along with more contemporary bedrooms.
For this role presence is very much key as you will be expected to strongly represent the hotel, be very visible to customers and be able interact with all levels of clientele. Flexibility is also important as you will be required to work the busiest periods as the business requires (such as weekends and bank holidays) taking days off during the week.
* Current Operations Manager experience working in a branded hotel operation
* Previous experience as an Operations Manager or General Manager - we are NOT looking for a first appointment
* The desire to work in a hands on position where you have a large presence and will be very visible to customers. Interaction is highly important.
* The desire to work for a quality established brand
* Strong people management skills and the ability to develop your team
* Strong initiative, time management and multitasking skills
* Experience of working in a similar style of property with a leaning towards leisure rather than conference would be an advantage
* A driver with the ability to travel to the property by car - This role would suit someone who has may be done an Operations Manager role within a similar property elsewhere in the country and is happy to relocate or who lives fairly locally
* P&L accountable with the ability to drive sales, control costs and ensure that your team is maximising on all opportunities
Salary and Benefits or Remuneration
The starting salary for this position is £20,000 - 26,000 (depending on experience) plus live-in accommodation. This is also a great opportunity to work for a strong, well respected hotel brand
Berkeley Scott is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Employer Reference: OM-1817-LAK
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0161 233 5884
Job Website: http://www.berkeley-scott.co.uk
Number of Views: 12
Date Added: 01 August 2017