Job Category: Pastry Chef
Job Location: United Kingdom, Edinburgh
Description: The Role: Pastry Chef
Operation: Luxury Bistro
Ellis Mack is proud to be working with one of Scotlands top chefs. He is about to open a luxury bistro within a 4 Luxury Hotel in Edinburgh. The new 80 cover restaurant, which is scheduled to open in autumn 2017 following a quarter-of-a-million-pound investment, will feature his signature blend of exquisite French cuisine and the finest Scottish ingredients. It will showcase a creative menu with beautifully executed dishes based around locality and seasonality of produce. With nearly 30 years experience in the industry, this Glasgow-born exec chef has honed his culinary skills across the UK, training with Marco Pierre White at LEscargot in London, before going on to work at a number of well-known Scottish establishments. He has progressed up the gastronomic ladder at Rogano in Glasgow, Cameron House in Loch Lomond and Restaurant Martin Wishart in Leith, before following in the footsteps of renowned Scottish chefs, Gordon Ramsay and Andrew Fairlie to take the helm at Glasgows iconic Hotel du Vin at One Devonshire Gardens, where he was Executive Head Chef for five years.
Responsibilities and overview:
* Day to day control of the pastry section working under the guidance of the head chef
* Ensure that all dishes are prepared with the attention to detail required at this level
* Manage Junior team members motivate the team as and when appropriate
* Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as appropriate.
* Carry out any other duties related to the role as maybe required from time to time.
* Maintaining driving consistently high standards of produce to a 5 star standard.
The ideal Chef will:
* Have extensive experience as a pastry chef in 2/3 AA rosette operations as a minimum
* Be driven and focussed on first class standards across every aspect of the operation.
* Have shown loyalty and longevity throughout their career.
To apply for this role please email your CV to ashleyellismack.co.uk or call on 0141 548 8246
Ellis Mack Recruitment is operating as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. In accordance with the amendment to the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act 2006, effective from 29 February 2008, you are required to provide proof of the Right to Work in the UK.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: AM-724199
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 0141 548 8246
Number of Views: 25
Date Added: 01 August 2017