Job Category: Sous Chef
Job Location: Lancashire, Cumbria
Description: This picturesue village 1AA Rosette traditional inn is looking for a dedicated and pasionate Sous Chef to work with the Head Chefin leading and motivating the kitchen team to further award winning success.
This high quality award winning Lancashire gastro pub would like to appoint atalented Sous Chef. Showing the right dedication and passion, the successful candidate will thrive within an excellent kitchen environment. Flexibility is key to this position as is a desire to succeed in your chosen profession.
As Sous Chef you will be deputising in the absence of the Head Chef, you will contribute to managing a busy kitchen brigade. With a proven track record as a number 2 with an ability to manage a busy kitchen to achieve profitability and excellent food hygiene and health and safety standards.Primary Objectives of thisSous Chef Opportunity:
* To consistently ensure the kitchen develop, provide and maintain a standard of cuisine of the highest order.
* To work with the Head Chef to ensure that the overall management of the kitchen meets with all legislation and that all processes are in place to ensure this, including health and safety and hygiene.
* To support the Management in a proactive way, ensuring a smooth successful running of the kitchen.
* To work with the Head Chef in ensuring that all targets for the kitchen as set by the Management are met, for example: Gross Profit
Specific Responsibilities of this Sous Chef Position:
* To be fully conversant with the companies aims and objectives and to play a proactive role in their achievements.
* To aid the Head Chef to consistently develop, provide and maintain a standard of cuisine of the highest order.
* Including menu development and design
* Ensuring quality of output at all times
* Ensuring effective profit margins of all menus.
* To take full control and responsibility of managing the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
* To actively help in the management of all staff in the kitchen environment including:
* The trialing of potential new employees.
* Induction into the kitchen of new staff.
* Training and Development of individuals.
* To aid the Head Chef in managing the total running of the kitchen including:
* Ensuring quality control is of the highest standard.
* To provide cost effective buying of kitchen goods.
* To manage and maintain high standards and cost effective stock control.
In the absence of the Head Chef to be responsible for all Health and Safety matters within the kitchen environment and the provision of food. This includes ensuring all processes are in place, are carried out and that all kitchen staff are aware of their individual responsibilities.
* To ensure compliance with all statutory legislation in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
* To undertake Kitchen Administrative work as directed by the Head Chef.
In the absence of the Head Chef to organise and conduct the relative daily, weekly and monthly meetings with Front of House and Kitchen employees, updating all concerned on any new areas of work, business and menus.
* To attend and play an active role in all chef monthly meetings, ensuring relevant standards are kept.
* To deal with colleagues openly and fairly at all times and promote mutual respect within the team.
* To assist in any other duties as directed by the Managing Directors.
* To ensure professional confidentiality at all times.
To apply for this Sous Chef opportunity, then please send us your most recent up to date CV to murrayfirstcontactuk.com.
All Applicants must..................
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of the eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
PLEASE NOTE: If we havent contacted you within 72 hours of your application, then on this occasion you will have been unsuccessful.
UK Work Eligibility: This employer has chosen to only allow applications from those that hold current UK work permissions.
Employer Reference: 00111617JM
Job Type: permanent
Contact Phone Number: 00000000000
Number of Views: 14
Date Added: 27 July 2017